Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Wet Shaving
(04-29-2011, 10:44 AM)Pete Wrote: If you have a Bath & Body Works in your local mall, check out their men's section. They carry the C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream. It comes in a Green Box, which contains a 5.2 oz. tube. Despite the different name/packaging, this shave cream is made by Proraso, and identical to Proraso in every way.

Thought I'd mention . . . they now also sell a C.O. Bigelow exfoliating bar soap. It's basically like showering with Proraso!

Very, aaaah, invigorating. Bounce

NANP
NANP™
Viking1
Thanks for the update.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(05-01-2011, 03:33 PM)Not A Nice Person Wrote:
(04-29-2011, 10:44 AM)Pete Wrote: If you have a Bath & Body Works in your local mall, check out their men's section. They carry the C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream. It comes in a Green Box, which contains a 5.2 oz. tube. Despite the different name/packaging, this shave cream is made by Proraso, and identical to Proraso in every way.

Thought I'd mention . . . they now also sell a C.O. Bigelow exfoliating bar soap. It's basically like showering with Proraso!

Very, aaaah, invigorating. Bounce

NANP

Thanks fellas Ill give them both a shot when I get back. I just got a Gilette shaving foam with menthol in a care package and loved the stuff. I dont know about going to Bath and Body Works though. Not after giving my wife a hard time for years of dragging me there. I dont wanna give her a reason to go.

-Curtis
KAAOOOS
When I was in Vegas, the Art of Shaving store got me in on this. I remembered you guys raving about wet shaving, so I was an easy sell. Now, I'm looking at getting a kit for my dad for Father's Day.

Anyone have a good resource for general tips and tricks? For example, brush care, proper way to use the bar style soaps, etc?
(06-08-2011, 09:59 AM)JoeBob Wrote: When I was in Vegas, the Art of Shaving store got me in on this. I remembered you guys raving about wet shaving, so I was an easy sell. Now, I'm looking at getting a kit for my dad for Father's Day.

Anyone have a good resource for general tips and tricks? For example, brush care, proper way to use the bar style soaps, etc?

Joe Bob, join the crowd.
I'm sure pete will chime in..
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
I've been wet shaving for almost 5 years now. Not goin' back either!
(07-02-2011, 12:01 AM)PCR Wrote: I've been wet shaving for almost 5 years now. Not goin' back either!

Nice, what kind of stuff do you use / have.
Pete is our wet shaving king.
Honorary Shield Brother
Just found a 'new' product for shaving. Instead of going for the traditional canned shaving cream... I saw a Burt's Bee's product. Tried it. Loved it. Best shave I've had for a long time... this stuff blows those gillette gels/creams out of the water. Highly suggest trying some if you can find it.
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
(08-26-2011, 03:43 PM)GMJager Wrote: Just found a 'new' product for shaving. Instead of going for the traditional canned shaving cream... I saw a Burt's Bee's product. Tried it. Loved it. Best shave I've had for a long time... this stuff blows those gillette gels/creams out of the water. Highly suggest trying some if you can find it.

PIC?
Honorary Shield Brother
Here it is! Great Stuff!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham