Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Wet Shaving
     A few years ago, I got into traditional wet shaving.  Since then, I have been enjoying shaving, opposed to viewing it as the mundane chore it had been up until that point.  I was just curious to see if there are any fellow wet shavers on Stogie Chat?  I know there are cigar smokers on the wet shaving forums, so I figure there HAS to be at least a handful wet shavers here...

-Pete 
I like the two-day stubble look. Tongue

Pretty easy to maintain.
I shave twice a week.  Lucky for me I am not a hairy bastage Big Grin
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
If you mean with a straight razor then no but I always wanted to try it
Wet shaved all of my life ........... electric shavers leave me with a shaving rash.

I have used most of the modern day triple ad quad blades, but still go back to my old fashioned "cut your artery" blade for a PROPER shave.

I have the system down to a T as well ........ wash first, hot water then shaving foam, shave in 1 direction first, more hot water, more foam, shave in other direction then rinse and wash again. ALWAYS with the water running warm to clear the hair from the blade as you go along.

Moisturiser before cologne and happy days.

I started shaving at 15 and am 45 this year ................. Wet shaving is the only way to go.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Just got thru touching the edge of the beard up. Been toying with the idea of a str8 razor for a while
     Not necessarily with a straight razor, but certainly that's the most traditional implement.  I have used a straight razor, but never did get the hang of it.  In my experience, keeping the straight razor sharp and worthy of giving yourself a comfortable shave is more time consuming than learning to shave with it. 

Personally, I use a double-edge razor, a shave brush, and old-fashioned shave cream (not the stuff sold in a can at your local grocery/drug store).  I still use cartridges (Schick Quattro, Gillette Mach 3/Fusion) from time to time.  The brush and a good shaving soap/creme can make your shaves far more enjoyable and comfortable... and improve your skin in the process. 

My weapon of choice:

[Image: 47be0dbf13243_54545n.jpg]
Parkster Wrote:Wet shaved all of my life ........... electric shavers leave me with a shaving rash.

I have used most of the modern day triple ad quad blades, but still go back to my old fashioned "cut your artery" blade for a PROPER shave.

I have the system down to a T as well ........ wash first, hot water then shaving foam, shave in 1 direction first, more hot water, more foam, shave in other direction then rinse and wash again. ALWAYS with the water running warm to clear the hair from the blade as you go along.

Moisturiser before cologne and happy days.

I started shaving at 15 and am 45 this year ................. Wet shaving is the only way to go.

Cool
Quote:
Quote:Exactly!  Obviously, I'm not alone here.  Glad to hear you're enjoying your shaves.
Quote:
Quote:-Pete 
This is what I use

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I use an electric but love to go get a professional shave once in a while.

Also, I have my dad's old horsehair shaving brush from 1951. I understand it's worth something to collectors but I wont part with that for any offer.