Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well it's no mistake
Casa Torano Maduro. Other than making the Afficianodo 25 most online sites seem to have mixed reviews for these. I bought one at my local shop having had a couple of Toranos that were very good. I figured the Maduro line would prolly follow suit. I liked it so I picked up a box of 25.

As a disclaimer I did run across one that was Ammoniated. The rest have been great. It's a nice maduro that is less on the sweet maduro taste and more of the french roast coffee squared. It does give an occasional sweetness like raisin or prunes but mostly it's bitter coffee and leather. I've been using a small punch on them and they do seem to develop a lot of tar. But if you don't tongue the end it doesn't seem to sour it out very much. 

Burn has been absolutely flawless on all that I've smoke. Prolly about 10 or so now. Construction is very good. I did pull a big chunk of heavy vein out of one of them but it wasn't really effecting the draw at all.

It does seem to be it's own thing. I also smoke the Partegas Black and it's a different thing. Not anything like the same pepper notes at all.  Can't really think of some other maduro to compare to. Richer than an Onyx reserve but certain similarities with the creaminess.

Medium priced. I bought the short Robusto's like a 4.5 by 50 I think they are which is about perfect for my morning and evening drive. 45 minutes.

My local shop just picked up a box of the robusto's, so I bought a few, smoked one right away in the lounge, I really enjoyed it.  Perfect burn, oily, flavorful wrapper, and a very dense, cool smoke.  Want to say it was a medium white color smoke that liked to hang right about eye level, I loved the experience of that smoke.  I've got him getting me a box of my own.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
thanks so  much for sharing your thoughts on this cigar.
I'm gonna try to find some of these. Most of my B&M's don't seem to have any. I think I'm going to have to venture online for some.
"For the man who takes success with ease"
thanks for the heads up[thumbsup]
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
goodfellamatt78 Wrote:I'm gonna try to find some of these. Most of my B&M's don't seem to have any. I think I'm going to have to venture online for some.

I picked some up at cigarplace.com I know Famous has them also. Not the priciest smoke either. In bulk they go for $3.50.

BikerSmoke Wrote:
goodfellamatt78 Wrote:I'm gonna try to find some of these. Most of my B&M's don't seem to have any. I think I'm going to have to venture online for some.

I picked some up at cigarplace.com I know Famous has them also. Not the priciest smoke either. In bulk they go for $3.50.

Not bad. Not bad at all. Thanks for the infoBig Grin
"For the man who takes success with ease"
overall I have had pretty good luck with the Torano cigars. Personally, I like the Casa Torano naturals, the Casa Maduro is just under that. I tried the 1916's and the exodus, and just didnt like them as much as the Casa's. Not bad cigars, just not my favorites.
Have you seen the new Torano Tribute?   This thing is black and oily.   Gonna fire one up here soon!
US_Tank Wrote:Have you seen the new Torano Tribute?   This thing is black and oily.   Gonna fire one up here soon!
OOOOHHHHH, have to be on the lookout for those locally!!