Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning: Online payment vendor closing accounts
My account has been locked for years.  I don't know why.  I used it once or twice.

I've heard horror stories about their customer service,
I hear they are using bots to scan cigar forums looking for their name and trying to match up forum users with accounts.  I see people having to resort to stop spelling out thair name and using a code word for it. PP is rediculous.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:I hear they are using bots to scan cigar forums looking for their name and trying to match up forum users with accounts.  I see people having to resort to stop spelling out thair name and using a code word for it. PP is rediculous.

I have done in excess of 20000 transactions with paypal .While they are necessary to be successful on ebay as they structure everything towards them and tell new users that any other payment method is fraudulent . Over all they have geared it towards scamming buyers who almost always win a dispute regardless of proof given . So yes paypal does suck .

Let see if a robot can get my large A$$

I sell cigars on ebay and use paypal as a form of payment.

While I dont really I just like the chance to yank their chains. BITE ME PAYPAL !!
i have no issues with them at all except for the fees.

One day tho I'll get even. They give you 3 cents every time youopen a new acocunt with them to verify your bank account info.

I have around 40 accounts and own my own domains so I can easily create 40 e-mail accounts. That's $1.20!!! WOOT!
Now all you need to do is pay some Illegals $1 to do that FOR you, and if you have 5 of them doing it, you'll make $1 ($0.20x5) with NO WORK AT ALL!!!

Mwa-haa-haa-haa!
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:i have no issues with them at all except for the fees.

One day tho I'll get even. They give you 3 cents every time youopen a new acocunt with them to verify your bank account info.

I have around 40 accounts and own my own domains so I can easily create 40 e-mail accounts. That's $1.20!!! WOOT!
I dont even want to think about the fees I have paid those SOB's over the years . Nice Cars worth anyway ..... Was too much BS . Hence why I dont do it anymore .You really have to have a niche on ebay to make it work ...
PayPal recently froze my account after years of casual use because they determined that... get this... I am in the financial services industry!!!

They required me to furnish proof of my business, including licenses, and to explain how I use PayPal (how much, for what purpose, etc.). I faxed up a copy of my various licenses, etc. But while I was doing it, I had this wierd feeling. Like, why the F am I doing this???

I had won an item on eBay and needed to get this resolved so that I could make quick payment. So, I went along with the B.S. Took days for them to restore the account. Now I'm wondering why I didn't just mail the guy a check and tell PayPal to go screw themselves; which is what they're doing by treating customers in this fashion.

Seriously, I get so tired of all the "compliance" crap that I get from all directions the last few years. This is a growth industry, and really gets in the way of doing business and living life. I know there are those that would say, "Yeah, but after Enron, we need this kind of compliance." But personally, I'd just prefer that people be held accountable to higher penalties when they do wrong to other people. Leave day-to-day good guys alone to conduct their affairs. But maybe that's just the Libertarian in me talking.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
Seems to me, many people have gotten along fine before PP. I'm sure if they were to close my account for any reason I'll do fine without them. There are lots of other payment options when it comes to business.

I think PP should think about what there usefulness is all about. Convenience is why people use them, and pay there ridiculous fees. As soon as they become an inconvenience I have no use for them. I know I will be making the three block trip to the Post office for my money orders before I'm trying to explain myself to some idiot through e-mails or phone calls. Lets face it they are not that good.

As for what I use PP for? None of anyones business.Wink  
They closed my account and will not respond to why. I called the 888 number and the guy I talked to asked me first thing, did I buy tobacco with my account? Well I hadn't and he checked and said he couldn't figure out why they closed my account and he would forward a request to re-open it, that was 3 montha ago and it hasn't happened.

If you go into you account you can go back to the beginning of you account purchased if you go year by year, I did and back in 2003 I purchased a cigar punch from a company with tobacco in the name and that appears to be why they closed my account 
[/b]

fishhound Wrote:As for what I use PP for? None of anyones business.Wink  

Well thats no fun!

[ROTF]
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool