Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning Labels....
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2009/10/29/pn.louisville.slugger.lawsuit.cnn

What the heck is this world coming to?   I really feel bad that someone died, but using a baseball bat is part of baseball!   It was not even the bat that gave the concussion, it was the ball!!   Perhaps the ball should have the warning label.

I cannot believe that a case like this was actually awarded money.   Next football manufactuers will be sued for stubbed & broken fingers while playing football.

Shit, I'm going to sue Callaway because someone used their ERC II driver on the golf course.   That extra distance caused the ball to leave the course and damage my truck.   LOL!   
Wow!!  What next?

[user=1]admin[/user] wrote:
Quote:Shit, I'm going to sue Callaway because someone used their ERC II driver on the golf course.   That extra distance caused the ball to leave the course and damage my truck.   LOL!   
That was probably Rob, he uses Callaways & I've seen him snap the head off of 3 drivers too!!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Thats so dumb... Hell, does that mean If i were to beat someone to death with a bat I could point to the manufacture and tell the family to sue them?

Because if not for the Ball factor, that's basically what happened.

Anyway, I've always seen baseball as just as dangerous as any other sport. If you play that sport, or you allow your child to play baseball... You are accepting the risks associated of playing on that field. If you dot understand, see or recognize those risks then frankly you are stupid.

That being said, here in California... Last time i played baseball on a team, we had to sign a release of liability in case any of us were to get hurt for any reason. I've always thought that was retarded, because every time i talked onto the field I knew and recognized the dangers.

Bottom line, I can accept requiring a release of liability... But freaking warning labels... wtf
This just reinforces what I have been saying for years.....We are becoming a society of wimps!!!

[curse][mad]Sad

[rob] 
Teck1337 Wrote:Thats so dumb... Hell, does that mean If i were to beat someone to death with a bat I could point to the manufacture and tell the family to sue them?

Why not?  Its what Mayor Bloomberg did to the gun companies!!!

(No, seriously!)