Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warm Weather - Stogies - Forum Buddies
Now that the warm weather is upon us, I find myself smoking a stogie at least once if not twice a day.

As I open my beautiful Aristocrat end table cabinet I look at at all my fine stogies that I obtained either by purchase, trade, gifted or bomb to me. It's a hard choice to decide what to smoke and at times it depends what I'm doing. yard work, errands, relaxing etc.

I guess my point is: I have lots to chose from. As many of you know I label all the stogies that I recived either by bomb, gift or trade. My draw is full of stogies that are labeled. If I smoke one and post it in the "what are you smoking section" I try to give credit to that person.  

As you look in your humidor(s), are many of you in the same situation as me?

That is, without this forum, I wouldn't have tried many fine smokes because I received them from you guys.

They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I am definately with you!  So far I have been gifted several great smokes from Sergio, Steve, Eric (ET), Tank (he gave me his spot in the pass/trade section) and Fishhound - and I haven't even been here that long!  Also, who could forget the Cuvee Mahk introduced us to?  This is a great Forum with great people.  I am proud to tell any cigar smokers I meet that I am a member here - and I do it too! Big Grin
Yep, wireless in my garage right now with the doors open.  Yooha spring is upon us.  Anejo 55 tonight.
When I got here I was pretty much single minded. Now when I chose a cigar it involves alot of head scratching and digging around my growing number of humidors. lol  thanks to the friendships, gifts, bombs and all the great info I found at SC. Without you guys I would be missing out on alot of fine smokes. and some fine new friends to share them with[rob]
steve047 Wrote:When I got here I was pretty much single minded. Now when I chose a cigar it involves alot of head scratching and digging around my growing number of humidors. lol  thanks to the friendships, gifts, bombs and all the great info I found at SC. Without you guys I would be missing out on alot of fine smokes. and some fine new friends to share them with[rob]
And that's my point exactly!!! In the past it was easy to pick one out but you guys destroyed me. I scratched my head, look inside, hear my set & forget system go on as I  try to decide. It's not easy. When I do take one out and I see it's label with a name on it, I think of that person and mentally thank him for the cigar and most of all  the experience.. 
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I wish I had the discipline to label every cigar like that...    I have always wanted to be that organized, but... well... not quite...  Cool

Jimmie the Mum Wrote:Now that the warm weather is upon us, I find myself smoking a stogie at least once if not twice a day.

As I open my beautiful Aristocrat end table cabinet I look at at all my fine stogies that I obtained either by purchase, trade, gifted or bomb to me. It's a hard choice to decide what to smoke and at times it depends what I'm doing. yard work, errands, relaxing etc.

I guess my point is: I have lots to chose from. As many of you know I label all the stogies that I recived either by bomb, gift or trade. My draw is full of stogies that are labeled. If I smoke one and post it in the "what are you smoking section" I try to give credit to that person.  

As you look in your humidor(s), are many of you in the same situation as me?

That is, without this forum, I wouldn't have tried many fine smokes because I received them from you guys.

which is why I invited you to join up! (just dont tell Donna it was me)

Maytag, I'm with you. But Jimmie has a tad more time on his hands.

Tank, Spring? what's that mean for you, only 3 feet of snow?
As many no I just had a protracted spell of unemployment end recently.  And yet, completely due to the generosity of people on this forum, My Humidor is full.

Its's amazing, and humbling.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Over the past few years...my experience with this forum has been much the same. Great bunch of folks here.  I was recently hit with some nice smokes by the Skipper  with that nice weather you mentioned...I am running out fast! hehehe! Truth is, as much as I'd like to -- I am unable to reciprocate much with cigars -That's why I was so happy to "give back" by way of the logo design. SOooo...thanks to all that have contributed to my passion for cigars!!!
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com
I agree with all that has been said.  I think Serg once wrote that when he looks into his humi, he doesn't see individual cigars, but rather bombs from this member of the forum or that member.  I feel the same way and it almost makes me feel bad to light up a cigar and break up a bomb - but then I do it anyway.Big Grin