Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
V-Cuts!
Cigary, thanks for your input. However, like I said the cutter I have for over 3 years that I paid 19.99 for has lasted over 3 years now. I got what I paid for. I would not gift a bad V cutter to my fellow SC members. I highly recommend this cutter.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(03-10-2010, 05:03 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Cigary, thanks for your input. However, like I said the cutter I havey for over 3 years that I paid 19.99 for has lasted over 3 years now. I got what I paid for. I would not gift a bad V cutter to my fellow SC members. I highly recommend this cutter.

The same cutter that Mr. Mum is talking about is the same cutter I use to have(use to have because i lost it, not because it was bad). That cutter held up and did its job perfect, never had a problem once with it.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
I too have the same v cutter as the Mum and I love it
Glad to hear that these are ones that work well. I have bought some in the past because I didn't want to end up losing the V Cutter I had ( Boston Little Guy ) so tried to buy others that ended up sticking or just plain messed up the cut. I did buy a Wolfe and really like it and if these cutters that everyone is talking about work great,,,that is all that matters and word of mouth is always the best way to keep things in perspective when it comes to good deals.
i got one of the ones from famous cuz i wanted to try the v-cut. i think i got a dud. it slides up and down just fine, but the first time i used it, it cut a bunch of the wood underneath with it. and it's a pain to get the clippings out. maybe i just need some practice or am doing it wrong. any pointers guys? i really like the v cut, just seems like the cutter is kind of a pain. i'm sure it's probably operator error.
(03-13-2010, 02:37 PM)scott81425 Wrote: i got one of the ones from famous cuz i wanted to try the v-cut. i think i got a dud. it slides up and down just fine, but the first time i used it, it cut a bunch of the wood underneath with it. and it's a pain to get the clippings out. maybe i just need some practice or am doing it wrong. any pointers guys? i really like the v cut, just seems like the cutter is kind of a pain. i'm sure it's probably operator error.

Scott, not sure which one your talking about. What wood are you referring to? Are you talking about the one for $19.99?
If it's a dud, call them and ask them to take it back and send you another one.
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Jim I'm talking about the famous one. It seems to be working just fine, just that first cut I made with it cut some of the wood out of it. I'll keep trying.
how do you guys use it to cut torps? do you cut it with something else first and then use this? excuse my ignorance here.
I have a Cats Eye cut so it fits into the slot perfectly and makes for a great cut. With the Wolf or Famous cutter it doesn't have the elliptical slot so I'd probably just snip the tip off and then put it in the cutter.
From Carl: "Jimmie, the El Cobre was great. The cutter, well..... It got kind of wedged into the wood on the first cut. It didn't quite complete the cut in the cigar, but it was still smoke-able. After a little fine tuning the cutter seems to be working great. I had to work it back and forth to get it to cut the chunk out completely. I think it will be fine now. Thanks again for recommending it."

Carl, when I use the V cutter for the first few times, I place it on a hard surface and lay the stogie in the slot and then push the handle for a good clean cut. This usually gives me a really nice cut and helps break it in. In my pouch I also carry one of those plastic coffee stirrers (cut in half) and use that to push out the tobacco.
Honorary Shield Brother