Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utopia
THANKS FOR IMPARTING THE WISDOM, WILL FORWARD TO GYNO WHO IS PASSING THE INFO OUT...AS FOR ME, PERSONALLY DONT KNOW, NEVER DATED BEER DRINKERS, JUST SCOTCH, COGNAC, AND VODKA MEN!!..LMAO....   [user=399]ScoopKW[/user] wrote:
Quote:
VEGASVIXEN06 Wrote:did any of you all know that beer drinking men can give their wives/gals yeast infections from drinking beer? Swapping spit can cause itches in some places of joy! Just imparting my newly found wisdom from the gyno with you all!!!! LOL

Wrong.

Different type of yeast.  Beer yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) eats maltose, which is not found in the human body. The yeasts you're thinking of include Torulopsis, Cryptococcus, Malassezia, and Trichosporon yeasts

As for the Sam Adams, I've had it. It's horrible. It tastes sort of like fermented maple syrup.

There's currently a pissing-match going on in the commercial brewing world, as brewmasters try to get the most alcoholic beer possible without distillation. The various yeast ranchers and genetic engineers are in on it, too. The goal is 40% alcohol without distillation.

Too bad it tastes like crap.
bartok Wrote:Are you sure it's that bad, Scoop?  I remember my first Thomas Hardy's Ale (a barleywine).  I was not in awe over the first sip.  It was only some time later that I was reflecting on it that I thought there was something there.  It was the same thing for me for both Scotch and cigars.
I love a good barleywine. I'd prefer a Scotch (or Scot's if you prefer) Ale. Almost as strong, with a much better flavor profile.

Utopia isn't trying to be a good barleywine -- it's trying to cross some imaginary threshold separating beer and spirits. And it doesn't do a very good job.

It's less of a "beer" and more of a "let's show the world what we could crank out of our brewing equipment -- whoo-pee!" beverage.
Skip, if you are interested, the packy down the street has a few bottles instock, I think they are around $100.  They also had the Chocolate Bock, that is some good shit right there.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
i think those who have tried it talked me out of it, or should I say save me $100, but thanks.
Mark Wrote:Skip, if you are interested, the packy down the street has a few bottles instock, I think they are around $100.  They also had the Chocolate Bock, that is some good shit right there.

Agreed.  That is some good shit!

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool