Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utopia
baaaaaaaaahahahaha

Wow Bartok what a story there...am waiting for season 2 to come out now......

I have enjoyed some of what is being talked about Sam Adams is the only beer I have ever really drank an entire bottle of, but the Utopia is not really that good. For the price I will stick with cognac....

did any of you all know that beer drinking men can give their wives/gals yeast infections from drinking beer? Swapping spit can cause itches in some places of joy! Just imparting my newly found wisdom from the gyno with you all!!!! LOL

I did get a chance to try some, just about the amount shown in the glass above. This is at the far edge of what can be called beer IMO, almost impossible to describe with a woody spicy flavor that leans toward a cognac like finish. Having been stored in 3 different casks doesn't let one cask flavor dominate.  Now whether or not 48 proof flat beer is worth the $150 list price is something you'll have to decide. It isn't for me.
The Jesus of Cool
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
bartok Wrote:
bartok Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:look at that bottle... man would that look good even decorating the inside of my coffin on my final days! Tongue
Just make sure you empty it first!
I can just see Skip's funeral now.  There he will be, with all of his Stogiechat buddies in attendance, viewing him lying in state:

Bartok (whispers): Beerlord!

Beerlord (whispers): What?

Bartok: Did you look inside the casket?

Beerlord: No, of course not.  I came all the way here to view Skip one last time, and I didn't look inside the casket.  Of course I looked, you idiot!

Bartok:  Not at Skip!  I mean, did you see the bottle of Sam Adams Utopia in there?  Do you suppose he finished it or not?

Beerlord:  Christ!  Good eye, Bartok.  I missed that.  I don't think he ever put that review up on Stogiechat.

Bartok:  I don't know. I don't think I saw it either.

Dr. Stogie Fresh (whispers):  What are you two talking about?

Beerlord: In the casket, in Skipper's right hand.  Did you notice he's got the bottle of Sam Adams Utopia with him?

Dr Stogie Fresh: Oh man, you're right!  Do you think he finished it?

Bartok: I was just saying the same thing.

Dr Stogie Fresh: Well, how do you think we can find out?  Who put him in there?

Beerlord: Do you think he died holding it?

Bartok:  I don't know.  Man, there's got to be some way we can find out.

Dr Stogie Fresh:  What time are they going to bury him tomorrow?

Bartok:  I think it's at 11am.  Beerlord, what time are they going to drop the box tomorrow?

Beerlord:  11 tomorrow.  Why?

Dr Stogie Fresh: That gives us a little over 15 hours to find out what's in the bottle.

Later that night in the funeral parlor ...

[color="red"]To Be Continued ...[/color]
[lol][lol][lol][lol]

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
VEGASVIXEN06 Wrote:did any of you all know that beer drinking men can give their wives/gals yeast infections from drinking beer? Swapping spit can cause itches in some places of joy! Just imparting my newly found wisdom from the gyno with you all!!!! LOL

Only if it's bottle conditioned beer, anythign thats gfiltered, ie most beers do not have any yeast in them.
VEGASVIXEN06 Wrote:did any of you all know that beer drinking men can give their wives/gals yeast infections from drinking beer? Swapping spit can cause itches in some places of joy! Just imparting my newly found wisdom from the gyno with you all!!!! LOL

Wrong.

Different type of yeast.  Beer yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) eats maltose, which is not found in the human body. The yeasts you're thinking of include Torulopsis, Cryptococcus, Malassezia, and Trichosporon yeasts

As for the Sam Adams, I've had it. It's horrible. It tastes sort of like fermented maple syrup.

There's currently a pissing-match going on in the commercial brewing world, as brewmasters try to get the most alcoholic beer possible without distillation. The various yeast ranchers and genetic engineers are in on it, too. The goal is 40% alcohol without distillation.

Too bad it tastes like crap.
there's far more "urban myth" on the net than practical information

LMAO @ Bartok

& Thanks for the quick review AVB
I didnt think it was bad.  Just dont expect it to taste like beer.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
ColbyPants Wrote:I didnt think it was bad.  Just dont expect it to taste like beer.

TomC

For $110, you can buy a LOT of stuff that tastes a whole lot better than Utopia. Even a cheap brandy has a better taste than Utopia does.

If I was the brewmaster, I never would have sent that stuff out for distribution. Utopia is a science project. And while I'm all for science projects (they gave us Asahi Dry Beer, for instance), I don't think they should sell the stuff until they have it tweaked right.

The next logical step is to isolate the alcohol-tolerant mutations of this yeast and clone them. Then make another version and repeat until you can get this stuff up to a higher alc./vol. -- then pass it off to a scotch maker and let him run with it.
Are you sure it's that bad, Scoop?  I remember my first Thomas Hardy's Ale (a barleywine).  I was not in awe over the first sip.  It was only some time later that I was reflecting on it that I thought there was something there.  It was the same thing for me for both Scotch and cigars.