Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utopia
Anyone ever hear of Sam Adams Utopia, or better yet, try it?
[Image: dish-BEER.jpg]

I saw it on the history channel. Basically it's some sort of beer made with yeast that doesn't die off at around 8% alcohol. Therefore they can reach scotch strength without distillation. Further it is aged in wooden barrels.

Basically I'm thinking I have got to get me a bottle of this stuff.
Wow, I didn't think a yeast could live at those alcohol concentrations.  Are you sure it's not heat or ice-distilled?  It sounds interesting.  I'd like to try it as well.
That sounds like a cool libation. Give us a report Skipper if you do get some. I could easily be tempted.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
OK, I found a link on it.  It's 24% alcohol, which is unreal for a yeast to survive at.  A 24 ounce bottle will be $100, so I'll probably not be getting this one.  I'm looking forward to Skip's report.
bartok Wrote:OK, I found a link on it.  It's 24% alcohol, which is unreal for a yeast to survive at.  A 24 ounce bottle will be $100, so I'll probably not be getting this one.  I'm looking forward to Skip's report.
Thanks for looking up that link. I want some! They didn't mention an online vendor. Wow! That's crazy though.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
look at that bottle... man would that look good even decorating the inside of my coffin on my final days! Tongue
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:look at that bottle... man would that look good even decorating the inside of my coffin on my final days! Tongue
Just make sure you empty it first!
Wine yeast will live up arond that so i'm sure there is a hybrid beer/wine yeast that sombody came up with. I tried ti 2 years ago, didn't care for it.
the sam adams guy called it ninja yeast
bartok Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:look at that bottle... man would that look good even decorating the inside of my coffin on my final days! Tongue
Just make sure you empty it first!
I can just see Skip's funeral now.  There he will be, with all of his Stogiechat buddies in attendance, viewing him lying in state:

Bartok (whispers): Beerlord!

Beerlord (whispers): What?

Bartok: Did you look inside the casket?

Beerlord: No, of course not.  I came all the way here to view Skip one last time, and I didn't look inside the casket.  Of course I looked, you idiot!

Bartok:  Not at Skip!  I mean, did you see the bottle of Sam Adams Utopia in there?  Do you suppose he finished it or not?

Beerlord:  Christ!  Good eye, Bartok.  I missed that.  I don't think he ever put that review up on Stogiechat.

Bartok:  I don't know. I don't think I saw it either.

Dr. Stogie Fresh (whispers):  What are you two talking about?

Beerlord: In the casket, in Skipper's right hand.  Did you notice he's got the bottle of Sam Adams Utopia with him?

Dr Stogie Fresh: Oh man, you're right!  Do you think he finished it?

Bartok: I was just saying the same thing.

Dr Stogie Fresh: Well, how do you think we can find out?  Who put him in there?

Beerlord: Do you think he died holding it?

Bartok:  I don't know.  Man, there's got to be some way we can find out.

Dr Stogie Fresh:  What time are they going to bury him tomorrow?

Bartok:  I think it's at 11am.  Beerlord, what time are they going to drop the box tomorrow?

Beerlord:  11 tomorrow.  Why?

Dr Stogie Fresh: That gives us a little over 15 hours to find out what's in the bottle.

Later that night in the funeral parlor ...

To Be Continued ...