Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinidad Reyes
 First of all, I should not be able to sit outside in the evening on December 13 and smoke a cigar.  But, since it was a nice night I decided to try something new.

This was my first Trinidad.  I have to say, the pigtail is cool.  I'd kind of like to see more cigars with one.  The one thing I noticed was that despite the size of this little guy, I could have made this last quite a long time.  A slow burning cigar and I really wish I would have had about 10 more minutes to enjoy it.

Plenty of smoke here, very enjoyable.  A very nice medium body.  I'm not sure exactly what flavors I detected, but I certainly did like them.  I will pick up a few more of these in the future.  Can't believe I waited this long to try a Trinidad.
mmmmmmmm Tinidads!
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Had one yesterday from a box split, and had the same flavor as teh others i smoked.very harsh 1 dimensional cigars, Trinidad is by far my least favorite Cuban.
Love em' for quickies at work but wish another inch was added to these.

Thanks for the review.
Cigar Penguin Wrote:Love em' for quickies at work but wish another inch was added to these.

Thanks for the review.
I agree with that statement 100%, they are an inch too short.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
The Reyes do make a very convenient short smoke.  I like them but don't think they are fantastic.  It should be interesting to see the new cohiba maduro cigar due out soon that is exactly the same size as this - complete with pig tail cap.
graham Wrote:The Reyes do make a very convenient short smoke.  I like them but don't think they are fantastic.  It should be interesting to see the new cohiba maduro cigar due out soon that is exactly the same size as this - complete with pig tail cap.
The only problem is that the Cohiba Maduro will probably be triple the price of a Trinidad Reyes.  Which would not put it in the same category at all with the Reyes.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Reyes is too short to develop the way the Fundador develops over time.  For a short smoke and at a cheaper price, I prefer the Shorts, Monte 5 or even the RASCC.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
thanks for the review, z. that's the one trini i haven't tried. trinidads = the subtle-but-better-that-cohiba stick.

if you get half the flavor and finesse of a well-aged fundadore, it should be worth it.