Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tried the New Edge?
They are "new Edges", but the only difference is the band. They (RP) got tired of having unscrupulous folks placing knockoffs in his boxes so they added a band to the foot. I have seen them come bundled in boxes of 100 for distribution. But they are supposed to be the same as before.
discdog Wrote:They are "new Edges", but the only difference is the band. They (RP) got tired of having unscrupulous folks placing knockoffs in his boxes so they added a band to the foot. I have seen them come bundled in boxes of 100 for distribution. But they are supposed to be the same as before.
What DD said.  Plain looking band at the foot that says "the Edge".  Same cigar we've all come to know and love.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
discdog Wrote:They are "new Edges", but the only difference is the band. They (RP) got tired of having unscrupulous folks placing knockoffs in his boxes so they added a band to the foot. I have seen them come bundled in boxes of 100 for distribution. But they are supposed to be the same as before.
thanks for the info bob!
Thanks guys!! Smile
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Yep, same great Edge, new band on the foot. There was a quality "dip" on the Edge awhile back, because demand outstripped the supply and quality control suffered a bit. But these are at least 95% of the originals . . . been smoking 'em up for about a month now.

And Skip's right . . . the Olde World Reserves are tremendous. Smile

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:Yep, same great Edge, new band on the foot. There was a quality "dip" on the Edge awhile back, because demand outstripped the supply and quality control suffered a bit. But these are at least 95% of the originals . . . been smoking 'em up for about a month now.

And Skip's right . . . the Olde World Reserves are tremendous. Smile

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
Just tried the OWR Corojo the other night and was pleasently suprised giving the mixed reviews it has got.  All I can say is.....Haters.  That cigar was on.
[user=38]wingo[/user] wrote:
Quote:Just tried the OWR Corojo the other night and was pleasently suprised giving the mixed reviews it has got.  All I can say is.....Haters.  That cigar was on.

The OWR Corojos can be a little variable . . . always check the foot, the good ones will have three visible sections of Ligero (darker leaf). The maddies, on the other hand . . . always tasty.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:The OWR Corojos can be a little variable . . . always check the foot, the good ones will have three visible sections of Ligero (darker leaf). The maddies, on the other hand . . . always tasty.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
I think the RP's in general can be variable. If you understood how the business functions it may explain it...
Thanks guys! I think that clears it up. I will have to grab some after Christmas.
Mundo mucho of these at my local b&m