Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tower of Power Humidor
Whats up everyone! Looking to get some insight on the Tower of Power humidor. I currently have an Antietem but ran out of room in it long ago. I want a nice humidor that will not break the bank but at the same time is nice and will be sure to hold ALOT of cigars lol. I know there are a couple out there who have it and wanted to get some opinions. Please discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly. I have heard from some that they really like it and from others that it is a mass produced piece of shit.......who to believe lol. Here is a link to the one I am looking at:

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HUM-2000&Category_Code=HOMEPAGE

Also what do you guys think the possibilities are of adding a temp control unit to this and what do you think the best humidity control solution would be??
Tony, I believe B-Dub has one of those and can probably help here. I would think a Staebell set and forget unit would be perfect for this humi but do think you will have any luck trying refrigeration (temp control).
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
I think that is the one Headley has.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
lz6 Wrote:Tony, I believe B-Dub has one of those and can probably help here. I would think a Staebell set and forget unit would be perfect for this humi but do think you will have any luck trying refrigeration (temp control).
Thanks for the info Bob. As far as temp control goes I have no clue how it works or if there is even anything on the market that I could install. I guess temp control is not a must just thought it would be nice. I am looking for a humi that I can hav that does not have me looking to buy another one in a year lol.  The set it an forget it unit is what I was thinking also.
It is indeed the one I have TFire.

I'll give you the good, the bad, and the ugly that I have found.

First, I love the thing now that I am adjusted to it as well.

My wife got it for me for my 40th and it sat in my garage in freezing temps for a few months.  DO NOT DO THIS.  It caused some gaps in the seal at first that I corrected with some clasps.  The seal in general is just OK but from what I can tell actually allows a little air seepage which is not a bad thing.

It does not hold 3,000 cigars.  I have about 1,500 and it's tough to find much space when I need it.

It's easy and convenient to get to just about any and every cigar I want with all the drawers.  I thought the same thing Tony..."This will be my last humi".  I can't say that at some point in my life I will not "upgrade".  It's not top of the line but it is functional and has been a great performer for me.

If you have the choice, go with 2 smaller CO's and not the CO for towers.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
WOW CI has it for $999.00
Bluesman455 Wrote:WOW CI has it for $999.00
Thats what they sell them for.  If you go on C-Bid they go for around $500.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I'm in the process of trying to find a humidor in the $800-$1500 range and their are just way to many options. Hope these links help a little. The set and forget system looks cool it automatically operates two fans in the unit as required. It looks like the decision of which unit to purchase is based on weather you want to keep the unit for 5-10 years or a life time along with your budget and storage requirements. I wounder what the units are built out of when they don't say, most likely particle board. Here is a couple of paragraphs I found on a comparison site.

"One of the issues I have found is what the damn things are made of. Wood, yes. Cedar lined, yes. But from the doors to the top to the rest of the thing, you could be dealing with everything from solid walnut to veneered medium density fiberboard(MDF) to particleboard. The type of MDF that most use is Medex, which is certainly a good choice from a structural perspective. However, it is not solid wood. Keep in mind that all wood construction is not the same as solid wood construction.

That being said, many claim that Medex is actually a superior material for humidor construction, as it is more tolerant of fluctuations in temperature and humidity than solid wood. It is more tolerant of humidity fluctuations, and all but two of the vendors in this chart use Medex or a similar MDF. Others agree about the tolerance of Medex, but note that the construction of solid wood humidors, using mortises, dados, and dovetails, typically means that the structures can tolerate these fluctuations, without failing like glues can. Also, solid wood can withstand dings, scratches, and dents much better than any MDF." Watch out for anything with a particle board frame it will swell over time and loose it's seal.

Here is a link that compares the construction of several of the humidors, most of them are end table size. http://morrisxp.cstcis.cti.depaul.edu/humidorguide.html Some of the more expensive units include humidification systems. Instead of having to buy two Cigar Oasis at $110 each and a couple of fans, you can purchase a Aristocrat These includes a set and forget system that retails for $299 and includes a reservoir and two fans. The shipping on the aristocrats is about the same as the tower of power about $125-$150.

I believe CBID and Cigar international are the same company

Tower of Power

Dimensions: 72” x 23” x 17½” 16.77 S.F. C-Bid $699 + 2 Cigar Oasis $220 = $920

[Image: M-HUM2000.jpg]

- Holds 2,000+ cigars
- Dual-pane tempered beveled glass door
- 1 glass hygrometer
- 4 shelves (3 adjustable) for box storage
- 8 drawers for single storage
- 4 removable trays with dividers
- Lined with premium kiln-dried Spanish cedar
- Gold-plated lock & key, knob and hidden piano hinges
- Engrave able brass nameplate
- Rich oak finish
- External dimensions: 72” x 23” x 17½”

Aristocrat Plus 48"

Dimensions:  [size=2]22" wide x 48" high x 25" [/size][size=3]15.27 S.F. 50-60 boxes $1,349[/size]

[Image: aristplus-4820029full20glass-400.jpg]
[size=2]
1 Each full extension drawers: Capacity 200-300 loose cigars

3 adjustable shelves

Glass or flat panel wood door

Lock and 2 keys

Digital Set and Forget Humidification included
[Image: sf-smcab-288.jpg]
[size=-1]Set & Forget with M-L humidifier 1.0 quart

capacity.
Shown with optional remote fans for difficult
to reach areas.  While up to 5 additional fans
may be used, it is recommended that cabinet 
air flow design be reconsidered before using 
more than one or two additional fans.
It has been our observation over the long
term, that proper air flow design is 
 preferable to adding multiple 
electromechanical devices .
x-small size-$269.00  2.1" x 3.2" x 3.1"
small size-   $279.00  3.2"x 4.5"x 3.5"

Link to just about every Humidor vendor online[/size][/size]

[size=2]http://www.cigargroup.com/weblist/hum.htm[/size]

[size=2]Here is another of there units for $1,299

[Image: 1-1.jpg]
[Image: 2-1.jpg]
I like the pull out drawer on this one.

[size=-1]The Aristocrat M Cabinet Humidor is for maximum storage in a bookcase footprint.  A combination of the unparalleled precision of computerized cutting technology & old fashioned hand craftsmanship & finishing.

The net result is an exquisite piece of furniture & an outstanding humidor at an affordable price.
*Digital Set & Forget Electronic humidification is standard.
*Tempered glass door is standard.
*Dimensions-38"W x 17"D x 36" H
 *Capacity  300 loose cigars, 50+ Boxes.

Here are a couple of pics of a Aristocrat M from a gallery on Cigar Weekley. Notice the drawer in the top of the cabinet in the first photo.[/size][/size]

[Image: 4.jpg]
[Image: 3-1.jpg]

I have the Verona, which is very similar to the Tower. The only problem I had was getting humidity to the drawers. The drawers in the Verona are identical to the Tower. If I could do it all over again I'd have spent the coin on a Staebell.
You know, it's funny, but Rob just PM'ed me about this same subject a little bit ago. Here is what I had to say to him on the subject:

It has been terrific for me. I love it.

The only real problem, a small one, is that after SEVERAL moves the door has warped out slightly. So there is not a perfect seal anymore. Not much leakage, I'm sure. But I have an Oasis Plus on the top and bottom shelves to keep the humidity inside where I want it. I just have to refill them a little more often... about once a week for the bottom one, hardly ever for the top one.

If it hadn't been hustled around the country so much and so badly, I'm not sure I'd have this problem. The door was perfect until it fell over in the moving truck! LOL! Actually, I can't believe that the whole thing didn't break or come apart at the seams. The glass is intact and no seams are broken. Pretty sturdy.

I've thought about getting another one, I like it so much. But this one is working fine for me right now, so I'm sticking with it. Refilling it every week is not really a problem for me. I got mine from Tampa Cigars for $750.00 which I think included shipping. Not sure. But that is a helluva deal on a quality Verona humidor that large.

Hope that helps, bro.

_____Original Message_____
Date: 2006-11-22 18:18:47
Subject:

your dubbiness,

i remember you having a large cab humi with the triangular top, ci calls it the verona.  how do you like it?  i'm looking to add another cost effective cab and have been looking at this one. 

thanks for the input.

rob
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!