Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Topping off" a lighter?
I'll be going on the annual fishing trip next month, and cigars as a much a part of the trip as the fish themselves. I will probably be bringing my big triple flame, matches and my golden TIGER lighter with me, and I was wondering, can you "top off" a lighter to make sure it's full to the brim, or should I purge and fill it completely just to be certain?
(05-17-2010, 09:27 PM)Tatsumi67 Wrote: I'll be going on the annual fishing trip next month, and cigars as a much a part of the trip as the fish themselves. I will probably be bringing my big triple flame, matches and my golden TIGER lighter with me, and I was wondering, can you "top off" a lighter to make sure it's full to the brim, or should I purge and fill it completely just to be certain?

http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-13753.html
I read that already, I know how to refill a lighter, my question is, would I stand to lose anything by just adding more fuel ontop?
Just take a small refill with you. I have topped off before bust by heating the can in hot tap water and chilling the lighter in the freezer for 10 minutes. fills it to the brim with no bubbles.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(05-17-2010, 10:17 PM)Tatsumi67 Wrote: I read that already, I know how to refill a lighter, my question is, would I stand to lose anything by just adding more fuel ontop?

If you knew how to refill your lighter you wouldn't be asking this question. lol

Listen to Terry.