Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 List of Cigars That Cost Less Than $2.00

Found this on about.com . Top 10 List of Cigars That Cost Less Than $2.00. Anyone ever tried any of these?

1) Baccarat Luchadores
Size = 6 x 43, made in Honduras, price is about $44 per box of 25. Very mild and sweet tasting, great choice for beginners and connoisseurs, alike. However, taste does become stronger after smoking about half-way down the stick. Taste great out of the box, but flavor does not improve by aging. Recommend storing in a humidor inside of cellophane tubes, to preserve sweetness.

2) Flor de Oliva Torpedo

Size = 6 1/2 x 52, made in Nicaragua, price is about $35 per bundle of 25. Mild-to-medium in flavor with a touch of sweetness, a lot of stick for the price. Well made, and taste improves by aging in a humidor.

3) Roly #2 Maduro
Size= 6 1/2 x 46, made in Honduras, price is about $23 per bundle of 25. Medium and toasted in flavor. These cigars are seconds made by Rolando Reyes, who also manufactures Puros Indios cigars. These cigars taste great right out of the package, but do not improve by aging. Recommend storing in a humidor without removing cellophane tubes, to preserve the toasted flavor.

4) Thompson Paso Doble
Size = 5 x 50, made in Dominican Republic, price is about $45 for a bundle of 50 (two bundles of 25). This cigar is mild in strength, but has a nice rich flavor.

5) Punch Bolos
Size = 4 3/16 x 36, made in Honduras, price is about $29 for 5 tins containing 6 cigars (30 cigars). This small cigar has a very good medium-to-full flavor, for the more developed palate. A great smoke for when time is limited.

6) Mr. B Lonsdale Maduro
Size= 6 x 43, made in Nicaragua, price is about $13 for a bundle of 20. Mild-to-medium in flavor, these cigars are the least expensive on this list, and are probably the best value for an everyday cigar. Surprisingly, they really mellow out after aging in a humidor for a few months. A bit rustic in appearance with an uneven burn, but the taste and draw makes these an excellent value for the frugal connoisseur.

7) Arturo Fuente Curly Head
Size = 6 1/2 x 43, made in Dominican Republic, price is about $60 for a box of 40. Mild-to-medium in flavor, and a nice smooth draw. Great cigar for beginners. Cigars are rustic in appearance, and do not have bands. Do not confuse these with the Curly Head Deluxe, which is a completely different cigar having a harsher flavor.

8) Romana Robusto
Size = 4 1/2 x 52, made in Dominican Republic, cost is about $69 for a box of 50. Mild-to-medium in flavor, these cigars should be aged in a humidor for a few months before smoking. They have somewhat of a raw taste right out of the box, but improve dramatically with age.

9) Te-Amo #4
Size = 5 x 42, made in Mexico, cost is about $39 for a box of 25. These cigars are medium in flavor, and are probably not a good choice for beginners.

10) Santiago Especiales
Size = 6 3/8 x 44, made in Dominican Republic, cost is about $25 for a bundled box of 25 (box is made of very thin cardboard). These cigars are mild-to-medium in flavor, and will improve after aging in a humidor.

[cigar]
The only ones even worth trying are the Flor de Oliva's.  Not bad for a cheap yard gar.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
i have been meaning to try those.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Mark Wrote:The only ones even worth trying are the Flor de Oliva's.  Not bad for a cheap yard gar.
Exactly what I was going to say....spend an extra 2 bucks more and get some quality tobacco....
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Maduro PiPs Wrote:
Mark Wrote:The only ones even worth trying are the Flor de Oliva's.  Not bad for a cheap yard gar.
Exactly what I was going to say....spend an extra 2 bucks more and get some quality tobacco....

no offense bro but a list that includes baccarat, te-amo, roly's, and thompsons...Confusedhock:

i say again check out the oliva prices around and the cubitas at atlantic.  both can be had in the range of $2/stick and both are immensely better.
These are not cigs so buy the best you can and be happy
Don Kiki Red/Green Labels can be had for about the same price about 40 bucks a box of 20 and i find them to be a nice enjoyable everyday stick... I've been trying to get my hands on a bundle of Flor D Olivia but havnt had any luck here in canada... and when i do find then they will probably be in the range of a 100 bucks...

I've had a few Curly Heads as well there not bad for my tastes again its not a bad smoke for inbetween classes or when you just hanging around your freinds...

But im fairly new at this and im shure there is better i just havnt tried them yet... So thats based on what i know and what i have smoked...

I forgot to mention some of these smokes are good to stock your humi with just for the Cigar Beggars.. I picked up a bundled of Oro Cubano just for people who would come over and straight away ask for a cuban... I give them one of those and they would think they are smoking a 10 dollar stick while i paid 50 for 50 in the states.. Soo they do serve a pourpose.. and i must admit i have smoke a few myself..
they make cigars for less than $2?????????
[user=35]Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo[/user] wrote:
Quote:they make cigars for less than $2?????????

All along I didnt think they made cigars for less than 10! Tongue

-Ben
1. Bac Luc-love em personally, just dont overbuy and store, as they get harsh and bitter.

2. great smoke-any Oliva is always

3. nope

4. yes good gar light

5.good fast smoker

6. ?

7. good lights

8?

9 YUCK YUCK ERP

10. get em cheap and humi store, get better with age, like women do!!