Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Soprano
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:I think the sopranos (& the LFDs) are much better than any RP. IMHO
absolutely.  not even a fair comparison.  all three sticks are geared toward different market desires.  the cao at its best is the soprano.  a pound for pound stellar premium.   the lfd is the fp.  again a stellar premium.  rocky at his best is the edge.  a great unparalleled everyday stick.  All good just at different levels. 
Finally got the chance to burn one of these last weekend while enjoying the saddam hanging.  Many thanks to DiscDog for the opportunity.  I must admit to being supremely disappointed with this stick.  I didn't get any of that sopranos flavor that i've come to know and love.  Almost as if they took a boss and just went bigger and bigger watering it down to the point of not recognizing it anymore.  it burned supremely giving that spire conical ash that i've only seen in an lgc limitada and drew effortlessly for a titanic stick.  it just missed the flavor profile.  i've got another that i picked up with skip and tonto at the cao event.  here's to hoping that it's better. :?

I've experienced this with a number of these gigantor sized sticks.  great at corona size, real good at churchill and then unrecognizable at presidente. 
[user=44]Rob The Long Island Cowboy[/user] wrote:
Quote:Finally got the chance to burn one of these last weekend while enjoying the saddam hanging.  Many thanks to DiscDog for the opportunity.  I must admit to being supremely disappointed with this stick.  I didn't get any of that sopranos flavor that i've come to know and love.  Almost as if they took a boss and just went bigger and bigger watering it down to the point of not recognizing it anymore.  it burned supremely giving that spire conical ash that i've only seen in an lgc limitada and drew effortlessly for a titanic stick.  it just missed the flavor profile.  i've got another that i picked up with skip and tonto at the cao event.  here's to hoping that it's better. :?

I've experienced this with a number of these gigantor sized sticks.  great at corona size, real good at churchill and then unrecognizable at presidente. 

i think a lot of companies do water down the bigger sizes out of necessity. in the sense that if you packed the same blend of a smaller guage into a fatso, you might have customers projectile vomiting at herfs around the globe. i guess the trick is to keep the flavor interesting while not overdosing the nicotine thing. personally, i find myself liking more thinner sticks every day, lfd lanceros, for example.

btw, great review, parkster. the naked truth!
Bungalowbill Wrote:[user=44]Rob The Long Island Cowboy[/user] wrote:
Quote:Finally got the chance to burn one of these last weekend while enjoying the saddam hanging.  Many thanks to DiscDog for the opportunity.  I must admit to being supremely disappointed with this stick.  I didn't get any of that sopranos flavor that i've come to know and love.  Almost as if they took a boss and just went bigger and bigger watering it down to the point of not recognizing it anymore.  it burned supremely giving that spire conical ash that i've only seen in an lgc limitada and drew effortlessly for a titanic stick.  it just missed the flavor profile.  i've got another that i picked up with skip and tonto at the cao event.  here's to hoping that it's better. :?

i think a lot of companies do water down the bigger sizes out of necessity. in the sense that if you packed the same blend of a smaller guage into a fatso, you might have customers projectile vomiting at herfs around the globe. i guess the trick is to keep the flavor interesting while not overdosing the nicotine thing. personally, i find myself liking more thinner sticks every day, lfd lanceros, for example.

btw, great review, parkster. the naked truth!
most definately price but geez this one was so diluted i couldn't tell it was a soprano. Sad