Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To season or not to season...
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:CHECK THE GAUGE! what are you using to determine the humidity?

That's what I'm thinking.

As LZ said, I can't see how it came with that kind of humidity.
The humidity in your town today in NC is 33%.  (according to weather.com)
It wasn't stored in the humidor store with a functioning humidifier inside it.
Figure 2 days in shipment in dry air and cold trucks.

My antietam arrived with about 40% humidity, when it was above 70% outside here in Ohio.

Just my 2-cents....check that gauge.

Sorry guys - Didn't get home from work until late last night.  The humi was humid inside "I think" because it was evening when I got home to find it on my back porch.  The dew had already begun to cover the shipping box.  I opened the box and could see fog on the glass panel in the door.  I put in one of my digital hygrometers - it reads 62% (the analog on the humi says 70%) today.  I went ahead and wiped everything down and charged the 2 humidification devices.  I will see where it sits an a day or two.  The hygrometer on the humi reads 8% high.  I will get another digital one for it.  The humi is nothing special - just a $100 cheapo cigar catalog special - but it is way better than some of my earliest storage methods... I really like the trays and how I can seperate different shapes and sizes now instead of piling them all on top of each other once the humi is seasoned.  I might have to get a bundle of those cigars Joebob just got to start filling this one up!  I will patiently wait for his review first though...
What cigars did I just get?? Smile
[doh]Sorry JoeBob - it was Poriggity - not you - I read a post by him right before I replied to this one.  I remembered the avatar being a picture of a guy's head with a cigar hanging out of his mouth.  My lack of sleep had a few wires crossed in my head...  He has recently bought a cheap bundle that is supposed to be pretty good.  He said he would post a review.  Sorry for the mix-up...
Mark71GTX Wrote:[doh]Sorry JoeBob - it was Poriggity - not you - I read a post by him right before I replied to this one.  I remembered the avatar being a picture of a guy's head with a cigar hanging out of his mouth.  My lack of sleep had a few wires crossed in my head...  He has recently bought a cheap bundle that is supposed to be pretty good.  He said he would post a review.  Sorry for the mix-up...
Scott is a lot prettier than me! Tongue
JoeBob Wrote:
Mark71GTX Wrote:[doh]Sorry JoeBob - it was Poriggity - not you - I read a post by him right before I replied to this one.  I remembered the avatar being a picture of a guy's head with a cigar hanging out of his mouth.  My lack of sleep had a few wires crossed in my head...  He has recently bought a cheap bundle that is supposed to be pretty good.  He said he would post a review.  Sorry for the mix-up...
Scott is a lot prettier than me! Tongue
hahahaha, if it was me you were talking about, i'd be sig'ing that. and probably something along the lines of joebob winning the award for the least heterosexual thing i've heard this year. in fact, i may do that anyway Big Grin