Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tito gets what he deserves
Last night on the Ultimate Fighter show Tito Ortiz was fired. I never much cared for him. He's arrogant and too full of himself. I don't think his skill set is all that great either.
So far this season on the UF show Tito and Chuck Liddell (whom I really like) have, in typical fashion, been going at it. Chuck seems to have a genuine hatred for Tito. Not since Rampage and that moron evans have I seen this level of animosity.
So... lets get to the show...
Last week Tito had been complaining of an old back injury saying his hands and legs would get numb. This week he tells Dana he isn't going to fight Chuck. Last night the show opens with Chuck being told by Dana White, the UFC president, that Tito isn't fighting him. Chuck goes ballistic. He is furious he wont get his chance to pound tito (& he will).
So, last nights fight...
2 fighters are fighting the last fight for the last semi-finals spot. Team Liddell has Josh Bryant Tito has Jamie Yager. yager was favored to win. He is much bigger and more rounded. Josh has a decent stand-up and some ground skills. Yager has tons of kicks and lots of TKD. Anyway, Josh clocks the much bigger Yager several times in round 1. Dispite this the judges seem to give the round to Yager. Round 2 was Josh's. Again he clocks Yager with a few short but mean right croses (how that little guy got in there to deliver is still baffling me). Towards the end of the round he connects again dropping Yager to the mat. He mounts him but is unable to execute any decent ground attack. Dispite this when the judges call for a 3rd round, Yager drops out pretending to be hurt forfeiting.
Tito leaves furious calling Yager a quitter.
The best, Liddell jumps up and shouts "That pus-- is a quitter just like his coach tito".
Tito was obviously upset.
Then Dana fires Tito on the grounds that the fight between the coaches is a requirement. On the verge of tears Tito leaves.
I was out of my seat all night cheering!
I have to agree with you Skip that Josh doesn't look like much at all but he has always shown good skills in his fights, cant wait to see how far he goes.

I am a Tito fan, been ever since his battles with Couture and Liddell but ya, he is a sore looser. Who knows if he really needs that surgery on his neck but I did see Chuck going crazy because he wasnt going to fight Tito. And your right, there hasnt been a situation where I thought the coaches were going to fight since Rampage and Evans.

Its been a good season.

Who do you have to win the whole thing Skip?

Court McGee is who impressed me. Maybe him and Josh.
Would like to see Tavares again though, he was a warrior
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
That was a great show last night!

Tito leaves furious calling Yager a quitter.
The best, Liddell jumps up and shouts "That pus-- is a quitter just like his coach tito".

NOW THAT WAS FUNNY! Chuck is a funny guy lol
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
I dont know Serg... There aren't many guys there who are skill-less, but one thing I've learned... when they fight in the ring with an audience, they are wayyyy different. Often the winner is the guy who can be more different.
I cant wait to see what this dream-team of coaches does. It could be a disaster as they fight for their own beliefs.
I have it tivo 'ed. Thanks for ruining it for me! LOL
I haven't followed it much but he is a hero for his cause. I know I have been involved with St. Jude Children's Hospital all my life. I know it's local but it takes sick kids from all over the world for free but most in the US. He earned $70,000 for them in show. He also is shooting for $100,000 this year from the fight circuit.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

So, now Chuck is going to fight Rich Franklin....I know most of you guys like Chuck, but I am hoping Franklin pulls it off. The guy really needs a solid win. He hasn't looked his best in the last few fights I have seen him in....
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
chuck is fighting Rich but who is going to be the other coach???? THE DRAMA.

Cant wait for next week.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
(06-03-2010, 09:35 PM)Hunlock Wrote: So, now Chuck is going to fight Rich Franklin....I know most of you guys like Chuck, but I am hoping Franklin pulls it off. The guy really needs a solid win. He hasn't looked his best in the last few fights I have seen him in....

Bet cautiously on that one... if I were making book on this I'd have to give Liddell at least 8 to 1. Sorry, Franklin is a good fighter but...
1- he hasn't been doing well
2- he does not have the experience of Chuck
3- short notice
4... this is Chuck Liddell we're talking about here...

(06-03-2010, 01:52 PM)US_Tank Wrote: I have it tivo 'ed. Thanks for ruining it for me! LOL
Anytime I can help Daryn, just let me know.

(06-03-2010, 10:03 PM)sergione Wrote: chuck is fighting Rich but who is going to be the other coach???? THE DRAMA.

Cant wait for next week.
Other coach?
Well yes Skipper you spoiled it for me. But I always read everything you post. Rich Franklin was a great champion. But he has not been to form now in almost 3 years. Anything can happen but I just do not see Franklin doing any harm to Liddel. I don't even think it will last more than one round.