Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to step up your alcohol consumption
Study: 1 or 2 Alcoholic Drinks a Day Boosts Longevity Among Some Men After Heart Attack
By Denise Mann
WebMD Health News
Reviewed by Laura J. Martin, MD
March 27, 2012 -- After a heart attack, men who continue to drink one or two alcoholic beverages a day may live longer than heavy drinkers or non-drinkers.

Those findings appear in the European Heart Journal.

“For many men after experiencing a heart attack, major diet and lifestyle changes are recommended by their physicians, [but] our study indicates that for men already consuming moderate amounts of alcohol, continuing to consume moderate amounts may be beneficial for long-term survival after a heart attack,” researcher Jennifer K. Pai, ScD, tells WebMD in an email. She is an assistant professor of medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston.

Moderate amounts of alcohol may boost levels of HDL ("good") cholesterol. It may also make blood less likely to clot and reduce levels of inflammation in the body, Pai says.

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/...art-attack

Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Done. Haha
Yea because I need more reasons to drink.
--Mike
It says 1 or 2 drinks.
For most of you that means cutting back!
Almirante Pirata
(03-29-2012, 03:52 PM)SenorSmoke Wrote: It says 1 or 2 drinks.
For most of you that means cutting back!

Yup
Way back.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
1 or 2?

Thats what we do after we brush our teeth ..... WTF!!!!!!

1 x Balvenie to clear the tubes and 1 x RZ to sooth the throat ....... am I right or am I right?

Everything else in between is what I like to refer to as "5 O'Clock Somewhere's".

Then again ...... it does'nt really state what size the 2 are required to be. (lets be honest here, it would be 2, so lets stop messing around with the "1 or", in fact, I'm officially dropping it as an option)

Sheesh ...... this thread had me all worried there ...... you guys need to move to Scotland, if you have a heart attack or a triple bypass operation here, its mandetory to drink 2 glasses of wine or whisky per day to "aid the blood flow".

The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Parkster, someone told me to always have a wee bit of rum before bedtime and when you wake up.Smile
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(03-29-2012, 02:49 PM)wtfdic Wrote: Yea because I need more reasons to drink.

Kind of what I was thinking, Now I have a medical excuse.
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi