Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for a new truck!
My Ford has hit the point at which stuff is going to wear out.
[Image: 70fb23dc.jpg]
100,000 is nothing. I have 130,000 on the Tahoe and my daughter has 160,000 on the Civic.
Lurch, woud you trade in your wife because she MIGHT have some mileage?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
The misses has 130,000 on her Saturn.
--Mike
If maintained correctly, these days 100k is just getting broke in. I wouldn't put her out to pasture just yet.
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
Hell, my truck had 99k when I bought it. But, your truck is a Ford, so it may be time to upgrade. Smile
I like smoking lightning
195589.6 on my 2001 f150 super crew. never had a problem. I drive it 90 miles a day to work and back. can't beat a ford triton engine for longevity.

Cool pic of 100000.0 miles though.
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.
-Jimmy Buffett
120k on my Ford. She is running like a charm.
Nice job on the 100K Doug! What year is it? I was told by my Benz dealer in 1977 that the US is just trade crazy. Parts are cheaper than a car note. I've kept my cars ever since. Maintenance, Maintenance, Maintenance but you already know that. My first was a used benz with 50 K on it. I drove it for 12 years and sold it for $2500 more that I paid for it plus it had 312000 miles on it. I know the guy that bought it and now it has 685000. My wife drove a Nissan Sentra and sold it at 286000 miles. I'm just not sure about all the new engines out there. That bothers me.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

T is right. Lot's of maintenance! Spend the cash since you should not have a payment. Maintaining cars is like maintaining a woman. Gotta grease the wheels often. And remember a new engine is like a boob job!
My mom's GMC Jimmy is at 101k. She's thinking about getting something newer though.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.