Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thompson Cigar Company
Once in a while, you can get some decent deals from them. A few months back, I purchased 20 LFD Double Ligero Chisels for $79. I felt that was a damn good price, but I agree with the general consensus... you have to ask yourself if it's worth screening your phone calls over.

As for their house brands, I'm skeptical of them. In fact, I'm blindly skeptical of most house brands. The only house brand smokes I've found to be worth smoking are those offered from Famous Smoke. Perhaps some of the members who know Famous Smoke's varieties better than I do could steer you towards the better ones. [/b]
Gunnar bombed me with a box of Famous Nicaraquan house brand. They are pretty good. I smoked a few of the CI Legends, the Pepin blend, it was a while back, but I think they were good too.
I like smoking lightning
You know, i never bought anything from them, but received a catalog a few days ago...
No Justice, No Peace!
I have ordered from them a couple of times. No problems so far with quality. They have attempted to try the agressive call marketing with me. I simply told them not to call me again, and they haven't. I love their catalog. The first order I place was for an inexpensive sampler with a humidor. Mixed fillers but mostly enjoyable products. I know a lot more about cigars now and am more careful with my selections. on the other hand I orded a 5 pack of permodo 10th anniversary for $16 from cigarmonster.com. very dried out. I hope I can salvage them.
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.
-Jimmy Buffett
I've had some nice things from Thompson. Since I've found more internet retailers I've never gone back though. Even their house brands seem to be much better quality.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

I have to say i have had the same crappy experiences with them.
--Mike

(09-21-2010, 06:17 PM)Soulend Wrote: I've had some nice things from Thompson. Since I've found more internet retailers I've never gone back though. Even their house brands seem to be much better quality.

"Even their house brands seem to be much better quality. "

[Image: rotfl.gif]
You don't agree that the house brands of some other retailers such as FSS are better than Thompson's stuff? That would seem to contradict what you wrote in post #5. I like the RP Cuban Blend, Rosado, and Nic 3000 much better than anything I've tried from TCC.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]