Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This really lame but...
I have been away for some time and now I'm back.  Just popping my head up to say "I'm still in the game", and to give a high five to Mark, Joe, LZ6, Parkster et al.

Hope you guys are all doing great.  I've been pretty hectic of late.  I still find it hard to use the new stogiechat as it doesn't load up properly on my computer for some reason.  Think it did my nut and that's why I had my spell away.  Anyway miss you guys.

Been smoking a lot of cubans recently.  That's what happens when I am out of touch with guys across the pond and not been doing no exchanges or nothing.  Currently really enjoying the 06 RASS although the best smoke I've had recently is a PSP2 from Mar 05 - with very oily maduro wrappers - damn only got a 10 box Sad !  Looking to get myself into the distinguished longer and thinner habanos -  as I really enjoyed a party 8-9-8 recently.

Anyway, I still have some kind of software incompatability with this site, which makes it damn hard to use, but I am very pleased to be back and say hi to you all.
Smile  Hey Graham, nice to hear from you Bro!  Perhaps ET or Skip can help out with the software issues..........:?......we need you here anytime you want to be here..[cigar]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
welcome back!

software issues? what kind? What type of computer are you using and what opsys?
Welcome back Graham!  After that re-introduction it looks like it's time to dust off the SC V1.0 address list.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Great to be back - thanks for the warm welcome.

The software problems I experience mean that most of the page doesn't load up properly so you cannot see half the graphics on the screen.  For example under emoticons, I cannot see any of them.  Instead I can physically read big grin, shocked, cool, mad etc - but I cannot see the symbols.  Currently I'm running explorer 7, windows xp home, norton anti-v, on a dell pc where I haven't meddled with the security settings or defaults.  Baffling really because all my other web-pages load up.  Weirder still, stogie chat occassionaly loads up perfectly.
[welcome][rob]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
graham Wrote:Great to be back - thanks for the warm welcome.

The software problems I experience mean that most of the page doesn't load up properly so you cannot see half the graphics on the screen.  For example under emoticons, I cannot see any of them.  Instead I can physically read big grin, shocked, cool, mad etc - but I cannot see the symbols.  Currently I'm running explorer 7, windows xp home, norton anti-v, on a dell pc where I haven't meddled with the security settings or defaults.  Baffling really because all my other web-pages load up.  Weirder still, stogie chat occassionaly loads up perfectly.

wow... sounds cookie based or perhaps a firewall issue. Are you at home or work?

Sometimes there can be a problem with pages or pictures being cached improperly...
Hey G, good to see you back buddy, its been tooooooo looooooong.

We have another Brit with us in the shape of Snakeman, he is as cool as the rest of the guys on here, so a UK herf must be in the pipeline before we are banned from smoking everywhere.

Dave.

[welcome]back
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Thanks Dave.  Yes we will have to have a UK herf before smoking is outlawed entirely!  I am looking forward to smoking some very large cigars in the less tolerated cigar places just to have my final stand before smoking indoors is finally banned in England on 1st July 2006.
graham Wrote:Thanks Dave.  Yes we will have to have a UK herf before smoking is outlawed entirely!  I am looking forward to smoking some very large cigars in the less tolerated cigar places just to have my final stand before smoking indoors is finally banned in England on 1st July 2006.

As usual, Scotland was banned a year ahead ...... you poor soul, you are about to discover just how backward our country can be, the streets will now be full of drunks standing outside bars and smoking, it will be impossible to walk down any street without inhailing a thousand cigarettes, every second hand car you will look at now will have cig smoke ingrained in it, bars will be a lot less fun (cleaner air) to be in, in fact some are downright gloomy now, even private clubs have to uphold the ban.

Bars/Pubs ..... the haunt of the working man for thousands of years ..... although they are easier to breath in now, they are also a dieing tradition.

"I'm just stepping out for some fresh air" will also fall away as something you might say due to the fact that I now have no choice but to breath in other peoples smoke when I walk down the street, before, I had the choice of the bar or the lounge if I did not want second hand smoke. Now it seems bars are the only place with clean air.

LOL ...... nobody smokes ...... brilliant ....... although we do have a problem with alchoholics now????????????????

The smoke Nazi's have won. Sad
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why