Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Could Be Heaven or This Could Be Hell

For some this is pure Hell!   But for me, this is my pure white Heaven.   This is one of my hunting paradises.   This land starts about 500 yards from my cabin and it extends to a mile away.  

Its desolate, quiet, mystical, spiritual, and simply awesome.   Here are some stunning photo's I took today.

First off here is the oil rig that popped up 389 yards Southwest of my cabin.   My giant bucks were running about 50 yards West of this location before the rig went up in previous weeks.   I had a window of 4 days to get these bucks before their patterns changed.   SHIT!   However, once the drill reaches its depth in about 90 days there will be an oil pump on the location and the deer have no issues with pumps.   So next year this corridor of travel for the deer will be back to normal.

This photo is taken from my deck with a telephoto lense.   This rig is huge.   Look at how tall it is compared to the trailers and vehicles..............

[Image: OilRig008.jpg]

The pheasants have no issues with the drill.   These birds are just a few hundred yards East of the rig...................

[Image: OilRig006.jpg]

I was on the phone with Robbie when I saw these pheasants.   I told Robbie I had to run as I had a pheasant to snipe for dinner.  

[Image: OilRig007.jpg]

Winter view straight South from the deck...................

[Image: OilRig009.jpg]

800 yards West of the cabin looking to the Northwest..............

[Image: 1208Bowhunting001.jpg]

800 yards West of the cabin looking straight West.   There is a lot of cover and buck brush hidden from the hills that the deer run and bed.......................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting002.jpg]

Same view zoomed.  This face is 2,000 yards West of the cabin.........................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting003.jpg]

1,400 yards West of the cabin.   This inlet is a great area to catch spawning northern pike in April.   The 20lb'ers.   And its a great waterfowl and goose ambush site........................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting004.jpg]

[Image: 1208Bowhunting005.jpg]

Here is a view looking back towards the cabin.   I am about 700 yards from the oil rig in my deer bedding area.........................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting007.jpg]

Same view looking more South......................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting006.jpg]

Same view but panned back in.   This is a major deer runway and bedding area where I set up ambush.   I am forced into their bedding area more because of the rig.........................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting008.jpg]

This is where I saw the huge buck numerous times two weeks ago................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting009.jpg]

They often bed in this belt.   I sit in ambush in the morning trying to get here.   So far they are just out of bow range.....................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting010.jpg]

[Image: 1208Bowhunting011.jpg]

[Image: 1208Bowhunting012.jpg]

[Image: 1208Bowhunting013.jpg]

One of my ambush sites.................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting032.jpg]

Another ambush site......................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting033.jpg]

Deer corridor

[Image: 1208Bowhunting034.jpg]

Another ambush site.   The deer run close to this buck brush....................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting035.jpg]

Walking back towards the cabin.    The deer would run along the ridge by the rig and use the terrain and cover as a runway.    I used to have to just sit here but now I have to go deeper into their area which is dangerous should they wind me...............

[Image: 1208Bowhunting036.jpg]

The cover I was speaking about.............

[Image: 1208Bowhunting037.jpg]

100 yards West of the cabin looking to the West into the hunting area................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting039.jpg]

I make this walk at 6am and again at 3pm each and every day then sit two hours in the dark until about 2 hours after sunrise,  then sit until after dark in the afternoon into evening..................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting040.jpg]

Same spot looking to the South...................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting041.jpg]

Looking SE as I am close to the cabin..................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting044.jpg]

350 yards West of the cabin looking directly South at the rig....................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting047.jpg]

Looking back at the cabin...............

[Image: 1208Bowhunting049.jpg]

[Image: 1208Bowhunting052.jpg]

When Mario comes to visit I will call the cabin Legend Killer Lodge................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting054.jpg]

In the meantime this is what we call it............

[Image: 1208Bowhunting058.jpg]

Looking West.................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting055.jpg]

[Image: 1208Bowhunting056.jpg]

From the yard looking North..........

[Image: 1208Bowhunting057.jpg]

Some night shots..................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting076.jpg]

You can barely make out the cabin here.................

[Image: 1208Bowhunting078.jpg]

[Image: 1208Bowhunting077.jpg]

Wow Tank![bravo2]

Amazing!

My vote: HEAVEN
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
You know Daryn... you really live the life.

Cheers to you brother. [beer]
Riofan Wrote:You know Daryn... you really live the life.

Cheers to you brother. [beer]

Hey I "worked" for an hour today!   Tongue
WOW, That's cool.  My day is just like that too.

Got up and left to go fishing for breakfast

[Image: smog2.jpg]

Fish weren't bitting today

[Image: xin_080404041012728390545.jpg]

So I went for breakfast down the skreet

[Image: 335511754_506618c2c7.jpg?v=0]

After breakfast I went for a swim

[Image: cess.jpg]

Took a walk in the park

[Image: GhettoChicks.jpg]

Went back home and rested before going to Daves to watch the Saints kick the Bears

[Image: 2260415890102947052S500x500Q85.jpg]

AAAAAHH  Ain't life GRAND!

[Image: group.jpg]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

T you crack me up.[lol]

You guys got it real good in TN. No flies on you.

I look forward to sharing a few cigars with you guys some day soon.
Hey Terry if you need some fresh air come visit me!   Then we will smoke some cigars.   [lol]
US_Tank Wrote:Hey Terry if you need some fresh air come visit me!   Then we will smoke some cigars.   [lol]
I would give a left one to be there But I would freeze the right one off and wouldn't have any. I live outside but just can't when it's cold because of the SS rods and screws in my back.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

tafdom Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:Hey Terry if you need some fresh air come visit me!   Then we will smoke some cigars.   [lol]
I would give a left one to be there But I would freeze the right one off and wouldn't have any. I live outside but just can't when it's cold because of the SS rods and screws in my back.

Uh, we will smoke inside.   And the fireplace warms the place nicely.   Bring Dave and little his Madurobro!
Now thats the way to spend a day Daryn, beautiful pictures tank thank you. I could see you stalking the buck in full camo, before a quick arrow to the DOMEConfusedhock:Big Grin

You rock beyond belief man.

And uncle T, dang, that lake might be a bit dirty[lol]
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin