Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think this is real? (search yeilded nothing)
Found this vid on youtube and wondered if this is true. If it is how good would it taste?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzvDVXHec1k
That is so cool. Nice find.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

amazing.

They can smoke in a restaurant? WOW!
I thought the never put cello on ISOMs...:?

And if they did...after 70+ years it should have at least been a little brown, right?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
If they are as they claim I would love to try one myself!
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:I thought the never put cello on ISOMs...:?

And if they did...after 70+ years it should have at least been a little brown, right?
Awesome catch Jan. 70 years it should have been so dark you probably couldn't see the cigar.  I have some 3 year olds that are colored already.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:I thought the never put cello on ISOMs...:?

they did put cello on them years ago back when a Havana cigar was commonplace in the US.  Many Havanas at that time were called havan clears and tended to be more on the milder side than what we are used to today.

Certian vitolas made today will come in cello from Cuba too... usually the machine made ones

I ve seen pictures of 30+ year celloed Cubans (from the MRN book) and the cello dosent look particulary brown.  The lighting in the video is also poor.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
I smoked a 50 year old pre-embargo Punch on my 50th birthday The cello was extremely yellowed. The cigar had aged well but I thought it was past it's prime. It was really smooth with practically no bite. The flavors semed a bit muted. It was a great experence.
cigarsarge Wrote:I smoked a 50 year old pre-embargo Punch on my 50th birthday The cello was extremely yellowed. The cigar had aged well but I thought it was past it's prime. It was really smooth with practically no bite. The flavors semed a bit muted. It was a great experence.
That's what I was wondering, how much flavor could it still have after 70yrs. Thanks for the input.
Quote:And if they did...after 70+ years it should have at least been a little brown, right?
That never even crossed my mind, there should be a little staining. But like mentioned the lighting is not all that great but it looks pretty clear to my eyes.
I smoked a couple of cigars last year that were gifted to me that were from the '20's & 30's. They were celloed but not in the same type of product used today. They also came from an unopened box, so maybe that had something to do with the cello not being off color. I must admit, I wasn't as interested in the cello as the cigar which by the way was fantastic! These particular sticks were Robert Burns, sorry I don't know much about them other than they were some of the best I've ever had. And if they mellowed with age, I can see why they were not smoked fresh. The Cowboy would have loved them. Very full bodied and still full flavored. Amazing.

Mike D, as usual is correct, they were handed to me with the explanation that they were "Havana Clears".

Thanks for the find.