Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The real deal
Just a quick question. Are the real Cuban cigars really that much better than a good Nicaragan, or Dominican?
Opinions vary. Big Grin

What they are, imho, is different. Nothing else tastes quite like a Cuban (although Tatuaje comes pretty darn close). Personally, I like a fuller-bodied smoke, and not many Cubans can compete with a good Nic puro in that dept.

The real difference comes when you age 'em . . . Cubans age amazingly well.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
MrMaduro Wrote:Just a quick question. Are the real Cuban cigars really that much better than a good Nicaragan, or Dominican?

Its all a personal choice, finding that taste you like. I love a Padron Annie 1964 but will always enjoy that cuban cigar with that twang.

Finding out what you like is what this whole thing is all about.

The real question is what do you like?
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Not A Nice Person Wrote:The real difference comes when you age 'em . . . Cubans age amazingly well.

NANP™
[cigar]

Ya, they have been growing tobacco for over 500 years so your gonna bet the difference is amazing......in a different kinda way

[smurf][pirate2][got2go][wedgie][got2go][smokin][police][winner]
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
MrMaduro Wrote:Just a quick question. Are the real Cuban cigars really that much better than a good Nicaragan, or Dominican?

Just like in real estate: location, location, location.

Cuban soil does amazing things to cigars
I had serious issues with Cubans a few years back.  Then I found out I had some fakes.  Then I discovered the Montecristo #2 and oh man!  The Cohiba Esplendido is a great smoke.  And just last night I had an awakening with the Sancho Panza Belicoso.

However, I rank a good Nicaraguan right up there with the Cubans.   Good luck!
some people swear by them. others prefer cigars from other countries. i try not to generalize or anything, but my favorite cigars typically tend to come from all over the world. there are some great dominicans, nicaraugans, cubans, there are even a few hondurans i enjoy. good cigars are good cigars, don't matter where they were grown.
Tell you what, when your home rolled sticks are ready to go, PM me. I'll send you some to try so you can judge for yourself, in return send me a few your sticks.Wink
It's all personal preference.
Is American cheese better than Swiss?
To some, but not to all!

One of my college professors LOVES some cheap bundled Honduran cigar that smelled HORRID, I can't image how it tasted. But no way I would have liked it.
Anyhooo, I offered him something I loved one night I saw him out. He turned it down, and lit up his poo-gar. What can I say?

I enjoy varieties of Cuban, Nicaraguan, and others. You might too!
Not A Nice Person Wrote:Opinions vary. Big Grin

What they are, imho, is different. Nothing else tastes quite like a Cuban (although Tatuaje comes pretty darn close). Personally, I like a fuller-bodied smoke, and not many Cubans can compete with a good Nic puro in that dept.

The real difference comes when you age 'em . . . Cubans age amazingly well.

NANP™
[cigar]

I subscribe to every word here, except about Nic puros, but that's a matter of personal preference. Cubans are really different and have a distinct tone no matter what are the other flavors, or whether it's mild or full body. I can't describe it, but would always recognize. An exceptional Cuban is very different from an exceptional non-Cuban - I'd smoke both with great pleasure. In fact, I think all great cigars are great in different ways. Moreover, many dog rockets suck differently as well!

And that's goodCool  I like variety. It would be boring if there was just one great cigar and all manufacturers would try to reach its exact tastes.