Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tower Humidor
It's here! Going to run the humi care xg1000 at 75 for a while to season it. I can't wait to fill it!!!

[Image: 60E32E3B-F0D5-4CC4-8238-1459F97C7262-202...7C5918.jpg]
Nice Nick!
This is my boomstick!
Looks great Nick!
--Mike
Congrats Nick. You must a very understanding wife..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Thats awesome Nick!

Looks very familiar Wink

The humidifier is going to take a long time to season that, especially in the winter with the little humidity in the air.

I seasoned mine in 2-3 days with the hot water method. I highly recommend that way.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
What's the hot water method??
(01-04-2013, 05:43 PM)NickDrista Wrote: What's the hot water method??

I learned it from Skip waaay back in the day and its always worked flawlessly.

Take a few bowls of water and heat them in the microwave until they are steaming. Put them in the humi and close the door. Let them sit in there for a few days, reheating the water a couple times a day. The wood will soak up all the steam and your humi will be seasoned in no time.

You can use regular tap water since all the minerals and bad stuff will stay in the water and the steam will be pure water.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Well that makes sense!!
Once you are done with the hot water, remove the water and put your hygrometer in and monitor it. If it drops way off, you know the wood is still dry and you need to add more water. If it stays stable around where you want it you are all set, if its too high, leave the door open for a day or so.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Sweet looking humidor Nick!!!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.