Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tower Humidor
I've always wanted one, but oddly enough, without the glass on the front.
(01-04-2013, 03:17 PM)NickDrista Wrote: It's here! Going to run the humi care xg1000 at 75 for a while to season it. I can't wait to fill it!!!

[Image: 60E32E3B-F0D5-4CC4-8238-1459F97C7262-202...7C5918.jpg]

Congratulations! It looks great!
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Looks crazy nice man! I'm jealous!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
Skip's hot water method worked great for my cab as well Nick!
This is my boomstick!
Awesome Nick!!! How long do you think it will take to fill?
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
Damn!!! Looking great!

Congrats!!
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Thank you for posting this, great reference for when I get mine!

(01-04-2013, 05:57 PM)Mark Wrote:
(01-04-2013, 05:43 PM)NickDrista Wrote: What's the hot water method??

I learned it from Skip waaay back in the day and its always worked flawlessly.

Take a few bowls of water and heat them in the microwave until they are steaming. Put them in the humi and close the door. Let them sit in there for a few days, reheating the water a couple times a day. The wood will soak up all the steam and your humi will be seasoned in no time.

You can use regular tap water since all the minerals and bad stuff will stay in the water and the steam will be pure water.

(01-04-2013, 06:34 PM)Mark Wrote: Once you are done with the hot water, remove the water and put your hygrometer in and monitor it. If it drops way off, you know the wood is still dry and you need to add more water. If it stays stable around where you want it you are all set, if its too high, leave the door open for a day or so.

(01-05-2013, 10:35 AM)EvilAsh Wrote: Skip's hot water method worked great for my cab as well Nick!
Gangsta
(01-05-2013, 01:39 PM)Guarantee Wrote: Awesome Nick!!! How long do you think it will take to fill?

I imagine it won't be long.
(01-06-2013, 11:05 AM)The542 Wrote:
(01-05-2013, 01:39 PM)Guarantee Wrote: Awesome Nick!!! How long do you think it will take to fill?

I imagine it won't be long.

Yeah, you just sent him 58 cigars!!! Haha.
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
Man, if you can lay those shelves down flat...that's a ton of storage.