Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Complete Bliss of Homebrewing
I had rebottled that several days after bottling the brown ale, so probably wednesday I'll pop open a bottle and hopefully be really damn happy about it.
well, it is wednesday.  And I have opened the rebottled stout.  Well, it is carbonated, and this took about one and a half seconds to know after opening, because it started fizzing all over the place out of control!  I was laughin my ass off, getting beer all over the kitchecn, I initially tried to do what many of us have done before when a bottle has started to overflow, and i put my mouth on it, but this thing was serious, and my mouth filled up in less than a second. 

So, I may drink some of them, but ultimately, I have two batches chalked up to experience.  I guess at least I know I don't need to buy bottles for the next batch I make.  
Well, at least the bottles didn't explode on ya ConfusedhockBig Grinid you chill it before opening it? I believe, the colder it is the less it'll foam over.
the one that foamed over was not chilled.  I had one chilled, which was accidently picked form the part of the batch i didn't rebottle, and it was flat.  I guess there were some inconsistancies w/ the bottling. 

Good to see you back in here bro.  Any reports from your brewhouse?  That bitter should be about ready by now, right? 
LC stogiechat homebrew gnome Wrote:I'll give you guys one thing for sure, you're consistant w/ the keg thing.  If I was drinking it all, I would, hands down.  But most of each batch leaves this house to be consumed elsewhere, so bottling makes more sense for that, to me. 

Back to the drawing board, I was looking over that brown ale recipe this morning, I still think I would like to do it again.
Ok than here is what you do, double the batch, keg half and than bottle half. Big Grin
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
[user=75]LC stogiechat homebrew gnome[/user] wrote:
Quote:the one that foamed over was not chilled.  I had one chilled, which was accidently picked form the part of the batch i didn't rebottle, and it was flat.  I guess there were some inconsistancies w/ the bottling. [/quoteI'd try chilling one of the ones you rebottled and see how it fairs.  [quote]Good to see you back in here bro.  Any reports from your brewhouse?  That bitter should be about ready by now, right? 
It's been ready for a few weeks now, just haven't had the time to do a proper review and repost my pics, but I have a bottle in the fridge and plan of writing a review after lunch today. Wink [beer]
Rothschild Wrote:[user=75]LC stogiechat homebrew gnome[/user] wrote:
Quote:the one that foamed over was not chilled.  I had one chilled, which was accidently picked form the part of the batch i didn't rebottle, and it was flat.  I guess there were some inconsistancies w/ the bottling. 
[/quote

I'd try chilling one of the ones you rebottled and see how it fairs. 

Quote:Good to see you back in here bro.  Any reports from your brewhouse?  That bitter should be about ready by now, right? 

It's been ready for a few weeks now, just haven't had the time to do a proper review and repost my pics, but I have a bottle in the fridge and plan of writing a review after lunch today. Wink [beer]

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"Sweet Roth, I look forward to reading it Big Grin
Quote:
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
I'm runnin' out of time before I have to take off for work so I'll have to type up the review tomorrow morning—I did take notes for it tho, so tomorrow for sure.
Rothschild Wrote:I'm runnin' out of time before I have to take off for work so I'll have to type up the review tomorrow morning—I did take notes for it tho, so tomorrow for sure.
Thanks Roth, put it in the beer review thread and if you have a picture of it post it as well.  Can't wait to see/read it.
PO Wrote:
LC stogiechat homebrew gnome Wrote:I'll give you guys one thing for sure, you're consistant w/ the keg thing.  If I was drinking it all, I would, hands down.  But most of each batch leaves this house to be consumed elsewhere, so bottling makes more sense for that, to me. 

Back to the drawing board, I was looking over that brown ale recipe this morning, I still think I would like to do it again.
Ok than here is what you do, double the batch, keg half and than bottle half. Big Grin
sounds pretty good, now I just need to find 1.5 gal keg, and a refridgerating device to store it in.