Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bush Stimulus Package.
Do you really need the $800.00?  What will you do with it? The last time it was done in 01 and 03 it did nothing to help the economy. It's supposed to have an instant impact to spur growth putting $ back into the economy. The last time it took 6 months before it was seen, meaning people held on to it. The rules have changed with the price of fuel, grocerys and everything is out of control. I see a 20% increase across the board in food prices in the last 5 months, items I buy every month and week. What's your thought?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

My thought?  I could use a BUSH stimulus package!  [lol]
most people this is significant.

Those of us who don't "need" it, well, how would you feel if half the population got it and the half you were in did not. It does stimulate the economy. I will take that money and blow it on stupid stuff. Just because. Somehow someone will benefit.
$800 worth of CC'sConfusedhock:
point me in the right direction boys!Big Grin
It is only for people who make under $85,000.  Still, I can find a way to use $800 bones.  The truck could use some new tires.
US_Tank Wrote:My thought?  I could use a BUSH stimulus package!  [lol]

Am I a bad person for thinking the exact same NSFW thought when I saw this title.  I was expecting vibrators.

LOL
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
ColbyPants Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:My thought?  I could use a BUSH stimulus package!  [lol]

Am I a bad person for thinking the exact same NSFW thought when I saw this title.  I was expecting vibrators.

LOL
[ROTF][ROTF][ROTF] at Colbypants, and Tank!!! If no one wants theirs, mail it to me and help put a 19yr old thru college.... God help me.......
A stimulus in the form of a tax cut is nice.  As Skipper said, most will spend it.  Look at the impact.  If most every American spent it as premised here in some of the posts, the impact is huge. 

This means in a widespread manner across the country people are buying things.  This means businesses are thriving.  Which in most cases businesses make a profit.  They re-invest in their own company in the form of growth, expansion, new employees.  Which means they maintain their employees or even better hire more employees.  Which means they need to order more stock.  Which means the distributor or manufacture has to provide that stock.  Which means those wholesale or manufacturing jobs are secure or growing.  Which means delivery companies such as Fed Ex, UPS, or over-the-road truckers have jobs in delivering. 

All this excess buying triggers more money funnelled into the treasury via sales tax.  This is why tax cuts in general work every time that they are tried. 

Kennedy proved it.  Johnson continued the Kennedy tax cuts.  I don't know what Nixon did but Carter nixed tax cuts and well......enough said.  Reagan brought them back and the economy boomed because capitalism, the free market excelled and because people were doing things with their money.
US_Tank Wrote:A stimulus in the form of a tax cut is nice.  As Skipper said, most will spend it.  Look at the impact.  If most every American spent it as premised here in some of the posts, the impact is huge. 

This means in a widespread manner across the country people are buying things.  This means businesses are thriving.  Which in most cases businesses make a profit.  They re-invest in their own company in the form of growth, expansion, new employees.  Which means they maintain their employees or even better hire more employees.  Which means they need to order more stock.  Which means the distributor or manufacture has to provide that stock.  Which means those wholesale or manufacturing jobs are secure or growing.  Which means delivery companies such as Fed Ex, UPS, or over-the-road truckers have jobs in delivering. 

All this excess buying triggers more money funnelled into the treasury via sales tax.  This is why tax cuts in general work every time that they are tried. 

Kennedy proved it.  Johnson continued the Kennedy tax cuts.  I don't know what Nixon did but Carter nixed tax cuts and well......enough said.  Reagan brought them back and the economy boomed because capitalism, the free market excelled and because people were doing things with their money.
Yep, I see a profound impact pretty quickly too.  I personally think that the Bush tax cuts kept our economy from absolutely tanking after 9/11.  Hmm... this seems like the perfect opportunity for a new humidor!
My wife & I sure could use the $1,600 (2 x $800)....

and its already spent....
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles