Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That was "FUN"
Left for work this morning like any other day. About 9 my mother calls and is upset because there is 2 Skidders, A loader and 4 log trucks in our driveway. {Note: our driveway is 1500 feet long; we have a combined 25 acres on a "flag lot"}

Well crap, that means our neighbor is logging his property out. A little history, he never made a driveway, just "used" ours. 4 months ago when the timber company was cruising his lot we met with them to show them the property line and also inform them that they did not have permission to use our land to stage, move or access the land they were logging. so fast forward. My Dad flew out to Idaho yesterday, leaving me to do the normal 50+ hour workweek, getting my other house repaired to be placed on the market and run the pet crematory.... But I digress

I drive 25 miles home and arrive to find my driveway completely blocked off with MORE logging equipment, this causes me to become quite upset. So a quick phone call to Forestry Law enforcement and the sheriff are made. I get the big truck and drive around these clowns and block them in. Inform them they are trespassing and that the Forestry Dept is on the way. Once they arrive, the owner of the logging company starts running his mouth how I am holding him up, preventing him from working. He is totally mindless to the fact that he is trespassing on my land, damaging my drive with his heavy equipment and was planning on staging his timber loading operation on another neighbors land also.

Sheriff did what was right and made them move their crap but the owner of the logging company was still running his mouth, Deputy told him to shut it or he would be taking a ride with him to jail. I just smiled and walked away.

So I spent the rest of the morning remarking the property line..

Just another day in the woods. But I did enjoy a couple good stogies while I was at it. Just for gnat control of course.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thats alot of land!
Good job telling those Aholes where to stick it!
[bravo2]
I love stories like this one. Reminds me of my former life in Vermont, lots of logging going on up there. Aside from trespassing, loggers pay "triple stumpage" if they mistakenly cut a tree on anothers property. That means they pay the owner triple what the tree was worth at the mill. That generally keeps them within their bounderies.

[pirate2]
yep got the adrenaline pumping
damn gnats[cigar]