Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taxes
(02-27-2011, 08:27 PM)nayslayer Wrote: I don't think people that get refunds are lazy, that's a generalization. I would think it's more of a preference. I'm not a tax guy, but if you have to pay after the year is over, maybe you should have more withholding from your paycheck. You may also consider some donations or other ways to lower your tax burden.

/\
/l\
l
l

Winner
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Yea, it's nice to get a refund but look at it this way. It's better to owe the government some money as oppose to them owing you.
I know someone that was due $5,000 and the IRS held on to it as they said they wanted to review their back returns.

I always try to owe a small amount or get a small refund.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(02-27-2011, 08:59 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: I always try to owe a small amount or get a small refund.

That's what I try to do too. about 12 years ago, I had it down so that Uncle Sam owed me 14 cents. I wanted the check so I could frame it...but I didn't get it back. I was told that if it was under $1, you have to send a letter requesting it.....and expect a full audit the next year.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles