Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tatuaje Peries P Robusto
Today after work I lit up the Tatuaje Series P Robusto.

I spent about $3 on it at my local B&M.
First impression was good. I'm a fan of all things Tatuaje lately, so I was looking forward to this little guy.
For those unaware, it's 40% long filler, 60% medium filler, supposed to be the easy to find version.

[Image: p1.jpg]

Looks pretty good to start! I wouldn't be concerned about the small fray on the foot...

She snipped just fine with my aging Xikar, and the Z-plus lit her up without a hitch.

[Image: p2.jpg]

I snapped this pic right before the 1st ash drop....mostly because I could tell I was about to have the 1st ash drop.
The flavor was all tobacco, and very smooth. As you can tell, there was no problem with the burn. I was concerned since the medium filler causing burn issues, but they seemed to be misplaced.
Bunch of smoke, and a easy draw. Just what JoeBob likes!
One thing though...it's burning really, really FAST.

[Image: p3.jpg]
..And keeps burning fast!
This was seconds before ash drop #2.
I've noticed that I'm getting much better at noticing when it's getting weak and not dropping it on my lap.
In between the above 2 photos, I stepped inside to refill the Makers.
Coming back onto the porch, I noticed that this cigar smelled amazing. Exactly what one would consider to be a fantastic smelling cigar...this was it. Smelled like a million bucks.
The flavor really hadn't changed though. If anything, the tobacco taste got a bit creamy. Very smooth, and approaching a medium body.

[Image: p4.jpg]

And this is where I left it.
Finally the burn got a little uneven but at this point I didn't care at all.
An hour later, I'm thinking this is a great great $3.

It ended out at a medium body...I was expecting it to be a little stronger, but I wasn't disappointed at all.
The flavor was consistant the whole way through, which I think some people might consider a bad thing. I kinda like it though.
For a big kick of spice, I'll reach for a Havana VI or Cabinet Series, but for something relaxing and easy to deal with after work, this one definitely hit the spot.
Awesome review!! Looks like I added another tatuaje to the list.
Nice review, JoeBob... gotta love the picture reviews [cigar]
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
[cigar]  Nice!!! [cigar]
very cool joebob, gotta try one of them
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Great review.  I will have to give one a try.  I have yet to have any from this series of Tatuaje.  None of the B&M's around here sell them (hell, you can't get anything Pepin around here) - guess thats why Al Gore created the internet.Smile