Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tatuaje Cojonu 2006
Tatuaje Cojonu 2006 5 ½" x 52 figurado using an aged ligero wrapper.

Been eyeing a box of these as I've heard so many great things about them and love the 2003.

Beautiful looking cigar with a flawless oily wrapper.  Xicar took off the foot about 1/2" into the cap (I like to cut my torps, belis, and figurados a little deep for more smoke volume).  Pretty mundane pre-light draw did not give away the power and grace of this smoke.  Took to the flame like a champ and immediately burned straight as a razor with tons of creamy smoke.

I was expecting a kick in the teeth but it really wasn't there.  Great tobacco and coffee flavor hit me immediately with a strength you can tell is lurking and will be known the whole time.  Gray and white ash that would not let go.  About 1/3 in I got a VERY Opus like raisin flavor that kept creeping in an out for the rest of the cigar.  2/3's in the coffee and tobacco came back strong and the ligero really picked up now.  Not peppery spice but rather a big-time tobacco and nicotine buzzzzz.

What a freaking cigar.  Great aging potential on these and surprisingly different profile than the 2003.  IMHO a much better cigar if that's possible.  I highly recommend this winner from Pete Johnson and Pepin Garcia.

By the way, this was from early in the release of these so it has about 6 months of age on it.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Very nice desciptive review, looks like something I wanna try.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
LZ sent me one that is now just ash...and let me say I agree with Jim

this is a great smoke...I could only see it getting better with age
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Great review Headly.  I liked this cigar alot also.  I picked up a few a while back and they are very tastey.  The strength of the cigar doesn't mute the flavor at all.  After I was done smoking it, I wanted some food, and only strong cigars make me want to eat afterwards.
great write-up, headley. one of the last tat's i still haven't gotten to. guess it's a must now.
A very zippy smoke!
Thanks Headley, good review of a fine cigar.   [cigar]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
dr00l. . .

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Maybe I'll do a comparative review with ya, Headley.

I've had a few of the Cojonu 2003, and now have a Cojonu 2006 in the humi. From your review, it sounds like a good one for tomorrow morning. I'll take some notes and post my own review and link it with this one.

Sound like fun?
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:Maybe I'll do a comparative review with ya, Headley.

I've had a few of the Cojonu 2003, and now have a Cojonu 2006 in the humi. From your review, it sounds like a good one for tomorrow morning. I'll take some notes and post my own review and link it with this one.

Sound like fun?
Can't wait Dub!  And, MORNING?!?!  You sir, are my hero!  I'd have to take a nap after this thing if I smoked it in the morning.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.