Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tatuaje Cojonu 2006
Smoked this yesterday afternoon while sitting in sun with two of my buddies - all three of us smoking the same type of stogie.  I have had other Tats, but these were the first for these two.  Part of the fun of smoking, for me anyway, is introducing something new to my friends and just hanging with the guys.

Very similar to the other Tat Browns I have had.  Pyramid shape, great construction.  No problems lighting, but they canoed on two of us - we were probably smoking too fast.  Incredible tobacco flavor - can make you weak if you are not careful.

Very powerful cigar and one of my favorites.  Plenty of smoke.  We all felt a buzz afterwards.  My friend said it reminded him of a Monte #4 from ISOM, but I don't know if thats true.

The Tats are tough for me to come by - I have to order them online - and are a little more expensive than other cigars, but I think they are well worth it and would recommend them to anyone who has been smoking for a little while and wants to try something with some kick.  Next time I will try to take pics.
Very nice review.  They are a good cigar [cigar]
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Very nice review.  The 06's are sneaky stong.  The kind that hits you in the gut towards the end. 
wingo Wrote:Very nice review.  The 06's are sneaky stong.  The kind that hits you in the gut towards the end. 
The gut, the knees, the head . . .
I like the 03' Cojonu much much better.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:I like the 03' Cojonu much much better.
Mark has to always rub in that fact that he has a whole warehouse of vintage cigars.
[user=363]Keith[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Mark has to always rub in that fact that he has a whole warehouse of vintage cigars.

not to nitpick or anything, but the 2003 and 2006 denominations just refer to the blend, not that they were actually rolled in those years (ie. you can smoke '03 cojonu's made in '05, etc.). just wanted to make that clear. and by all means, we can still rip mark for having way too many killer smokes. Big Grin

zeus! apollo! kill!

thanks for the nice review there, magnum. i find the tatuaje brand, especially the brown label, to be very worth the trouble and $. tainos and noellas and especiales... hell, they're all great.
I also prefer the `03's over the `06's, but not a great deal more.  I think the Reserva SW's are fantastic.  Gotta get me a box of them.
Bungalowbill Wrote:[user=363]Keith[/user] wrote:
Quote:

not to nitpick or anything, but the 2003 and 2006 denominations just refer to the blend, not that they were actually rolled in those years (ie. you can smoke '03 cojonu's made in '05, etc.). just wanted to make that clear. and by all means, we can still rip mark for having way too many killer smokes. Big Grin

zeus! apollo! kill!

thanks for the nice review there, magnum. i find the tatuaje brand, especially the brown label, to be very worth the trouble and $. tainos and noellas and especiales... hell, they're all great.

Thanks BungalowBill and I thought I knew a little bit about the Tatuaje. I have never tried the 2006 or 2003 Corojo. The Tatuaje's I've tried are the Tainos, Unicos, Regios , Noellas (In the middle of smoking one now), Nellas Reserva, Petite Tatuaje, Reserva J 21, Reserva SW and have a Gran Cojonu, RC184, Guapo and Exclusivo Lado Occidental in the humi I have not tried.

I've also heard that there is a Petite Cabaiguan being released soon and
Magnum, PI Wrote:...great construction.  No problems lighting, but they canoed on two of us - we were probably smoking too fast...
Thanks for the review, Mr. Mag.

Interesting though, that you would say "great construction" followed by "but they canoed." To me, at least, that constitutes poor construction.

I also like the Tats very much, and think the tobacco is terrific. But most of the large ones seem to be rolled a little loose & squishy, with a void in there somewhere around the middle. I have smoked so many that were this way; almost all of them. Perfect construction seems to be the exception rather than the rule with Tatuaje.

That doesn't mean that I don't love them. But I do wish that I could smoke one without a void in it. You're going along, loving things, and then... "Oh crap. What's that taste? Oh jeez, not again. Oh well, guess I'll have to suffer through it."

But, oh my. Isn't that Nicaraguan tobacco delicious? Keeps me coming back for more.

Thanks again for the review. I also like to smoke in the sun, if the air is still. Oh, and welcome to StogieChat!
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!