Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tatuaje
Came across a couple of articles about Pete Johnson, didn't know if it was old news but I found it interesting.

Trivia: Tatuaje - La Seleccion de Cazador

As a big fan of the Tatuaje Brown lables, and Tatuajes in general, I was reading up on Pete Johnson and the Tatuaje line of cigars. I read somewhere that Pete loves his dogs. So much so, that he named the sizes of the Tatuaje Brown and Red labels so that the 1st letter in each size can be used to spell out the name of his dogs. In the case of the Brown label, the 1st letter of each size spells out the name of his dog Hunter.

Havana Cazadores
Unicos
Noellas
Tainos
Especiales
Regios

At this point, those who know Spanish may know where I'm going with this....

I was looking at my box of Tatuaje Regios the other day and noticed something for the 1st time. On the box is the "proper" name of the Brown label line, La Seleccion de Cazador. A literal translation is "The Selection of Hunter". Cazador means Hunter in Spanish. This little detail escaped my notice before and I found it to be interesting so I thought I'd share this little bit of trivia. Not only the sizes, but the entire Tatuaje Brown Label line is named after Pete's beloved dog. Some of you more observant types may have already caught this, but for other fans of these cigars that may have missed this factoid as I did... I hope you found it interesting.

He's done the same with the Red label line. His other dog is named Havana, so...
The Havana VI sizes:

Hermosos
Angeles
Victorias
Artistas
Nobles
Almirantes

The man loves his pups. I like that about him.

CABAIGUAN, named after a town in Cuba where Don Pipin came from.
Gotta love a guy who loves his pups.  Very interesting stuff, man.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Didnt know that....he does love his dogs

Im glad that I know spanish but I still get stuck when they come out with words like

cojonu ....sorry dont know what means and neither does my pops
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
as someone who loves and respects dogs more than most people, i'm diggin' this. that and i'm in love with the tainos, noellas, and especiales.

some days the universe actually makes sense. great post, keith. Big Grin
wow!!!...i didn't know this...i think i'm gonna try a tatuaje..Cool
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
Yeah that info is up here too:

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-832

and here:

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-831
moki Wrote:Yeah that info is up here too:

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-832

and here:

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-831
Moki has more info on Tatuaje on his site than Tatuaje has on their site. You have to be close to publishing an encyclopedia on cigars.
I tried my first red-labeled tatuaje the other day...

I can only say one thing... I NEED A BOX!

it was the single most cuban tasting cigar I have ever smoked! (including most cubans!)
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:I tried my first red-labeled tatuaje the other day...

it was the single most cuban tasting cigar I have ever smoked! (including most cubans!)
Glad you enjoyed it Skipper Big Grin I haven't had one I did not really really enjoy Tongue
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:I tried my first red-labeled tatuaje the other day...

subliminal voice whispers - call Al at Puff n Stuff

Ya gotta love a guy who loves dogs and makes some tasty cigars too! Nice find Keith and as always, great site Moki.