Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talk About Hi-Tech....
Airline sacrifices goats to appease sky god

KATHMANDU (Reuters) - Officials at Nepal's state-run airline have sacrificed two goats to appease Akash Bhairab, the Hindu sky god, following technical problems with one of its Boeing 757 aircraft, the carrier said Tuesday.

Nepal Airlines, which has two Boeing aircraft, has had to suspend some services in recent weeks due the problem.

The goats were sacrificed in front of the troublesome aircraft Sunday at Nepal's only international airport in Kathmandu in accordance with Hindu traditions, an official said.

"The snag in the plane has now been fixed and the aircraft has resumed its flights," said Raju K.C., a senior airline official, without explaining what the problem had been.

Local media last week blamed the company's woes on an electrical fault. The carrier runs international flights to five cities in Asia.

It is common in Nepal to sacrifice animals like goats and buffaloes to appease different Hindu deities.

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSEIC47086020070905?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews&rpc=22&sp=true

If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
yeah, that's an airline I want to fly
did they serve the goat to the passengers?
I have several Indian guys working for me... I thnk we may have to sacrifice an animal to get their dang software to work properly!!!
I keep threatening my IT dept. with the gift of a goat and some cornmeal if they don't fix something.

They think I'm joking!!   Confusedhock:

I'll have to forward that article to them.

It's hard to keep a good man down.

Check Out Our Blog: www.andthatiswhatheshesaid.blogspot.com

cigars, restaurants, and more!!!

All your ashtrays are belong to us!
Odsman Wrote:I keep threatening my IT dept. with the gift of a goat and some cornmeal if they don't fix something.

They think I'm joking!!   Confusedhock:

I'll have to forward that article to them.

lol!!!

I run an IT department here. Man... what a united nation this place is.

about half indian, maybe 1/4 to 1/3 russian... then all sorts of everything else not including american or anything main-stream except for 1 Italian guy.
You see, the funny thing is, they are in California and don't understand the implications the way they would if they lived here in S.A., so I clued the guy I usually work with in and he nearly snarfed all over his keyboard....

I wonder if he clued in the rest of them??
It's hard to keep a good man down.

Check Out Our Blog: www.andthatiswhatheshesaid.blogspot.com

cigars, restaurants, and more!!!

All your ashtrays are belong to us!
Just be thankful they're not Vikings. Big Grin

According to Harry Harrison (NOT an authoritative source, lol) it was a common Viking practice to launch a new dragonship by running the keel over a captured enemy. For luck, and victory.

Bet THAT would make the 6 o'clock news! Cool

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:yeah, that's an airline I want to fly
haha, i know. it's like "hey, instead of fixing our plane properly, let's just sacrifice 2 goats in front of it. that'll fix it."
or they could just ducktape a couple of chupacabras to the nose...