Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Take THAT AT$T... Verizon iPhone In January
Said before, AT&T is gonna be cruched! Compatation is gonna be a great thing.

Verizon iPhone Coming In January

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Verizon-iP.../print?x=0

Dan Frommer, On Tuesday June 29, 2010, 2:59 pm EDT

An iPhone for Verizon Wireless, the no. 1 U.S. carrier, will be introduced next January, according to a Bloomberg report citing "two people familiar with the plans."

If true, this is good news for Verizon and Apple, which will be set to sell a LOT of iPhones.

And it'll be bad news for AT&T, which has been the exclusive U.S. iPhone carrier so far, and Google Android, which has been the dominant smartphone platform at Verizon as of late.

The timing of this latest leak is suspicious, given Apple's product secrecy and the recent launch of the new iPhone 4.

We wouldn't be surprised if this was Verizon's doing, in an attempt to get people to wait before upgrading to the iPhone 4 and extending their AT&T contracts another two years. The carrier has a history of leaked information during sensitive times for its competitors.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

This is great news. My company is giving us Iphones this summer so we can have better corporate email connectivity. However, AT&T really sucks in ND and MT. I have Verizon and it gives me great coverage in all my travels.
So V has better overall coverage?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(06-29-2010, 05:32 PM)tafdom Wrote: So V has better overall coverage?

In ND Verizon is quite superior in coverage to Sprint and AT%T. Our local provider from the late 90's and early 2000's was Cell One and they had the whole state. They sold to Verizon about 5 years ago.

My cousin came to ND last week and she had terrible and often no coverage with AT&T.
I'm not talking ND. What about your travels?

I never have Verizon issues when travelling. Always reliable.
I have had the ATT Iphone 3g for 3 years and never had a Problem with drop call nothing the only thing i hate is Verizons Customer Service
I hate Verizon my compant uses AT&T and we love it!!!!
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
I'll be in line come January!
I'm with AT&T, and get dropped all the damn time.
Been hearing from lots of folks that Verizon is mucho better.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!