Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE NUB HERF!
That is some steller ash!  Again Mario, great pics and thanks for sharing!
Nice Mario!!   Great pics!!!

BTW....how long did it take you to smoke it?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Nice Mario!!   Great pics!!!

BTW....how long did it take you to smoke it?
90 minutes Tonto
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Wow, I wish I was there.
Maduro PiPs Wrote:with the man!! Big BULZ!!!!!!

Great job man. Thanks for taking one for the team but DAMN! [smokin2]

I see your right hand, who are you flippin off? Everybody,  cause your there and we're not. [ROTF]
[Image: attachment.php?id=3123]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

JoeBob Wrote:I personally like it when you take that draw sometime in the middle of a cigar and get a little hint of a new flavor, take another draw and taste that new flavor sweeping in....it's part of the magic of enjoying a fine, complex cigar.
Although, I of course will reserve all judgement until after I try one (or two, or three, or four.....)
Interesting you mention this, because I have been thinking the exact same thing. Isn't it one of the great joys of cigar smoking to be surprised with different nuances and body and flavor as you proceed through a cigar?

OR, is that only because it's the way we've been conditioned to think?

Think about it, the concept of "complexity" is the holy grail of cigar smoking. But, should it be? I know I have had some cigars that didn't change much, but I didn't care cause I was loving the hell out of them. On the other hand, I have truly marveled at a cigar that had so much going on with changes in body and flavor profile that I was speechless. I guess, as always, it boils down to personal preference.

I can tell you this, I am very excited that Sam has launched this new brand because it not only puts a new cigar into the mix, but more importantly, it challenges the status quo!!! I believe there are so many ideas and traditions that have never been questioned, because nobody has even thought about questioning them. But when somebody comes along and say, "Why are we doing it that way? Why not this way?" this is stimulating to the industry. This is a radical departure from the traditions of the cigar industry and for that reason alone, I am sending Sam a virtual high-five.

It can be a very lonely feeling to run against the grain, especially in an industry that has so many close family ties and whose tradition runs as deep as the ocean. Of course, there are always "hangers on" who will tell you what a great idea you have, and pat you on the back and say, "Go get em!" But they aren't the ones who are laying it on the line.

I haven't tasted any of the Nubs yet, so I can't speak from experience. But as a lover of cigars, I am ready to launch into any new experience. So I look forward to smoking the NUB and will report as best as I can.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
the way I see it, sometime you enjoy the foreplay... sometimes it's all about the orgasm.
Thanks for the review!  The construction must be incredible to ash like your pics!
Here is my thought, although I have not been smoking cigars as long as most of you.  When I smoke a cigar, if I get a great flavor out of it from the beginning, I don't mind the flavor being consistent through the whole smoke.  If it does not change, but is a flavor I enjoy, then I would have no problem buying a lot of them.  On the other hand, if I start to smoke a cigar, and I don't like the flavor at first, I WELCOME a change at any time. It sounds to me like the Nub is going to be a good consistent cigar, and I have no problem with that Smile  I am SOOO glad I submitted a video for Sam's nub contest, and I will get to taste a nub in the near future.  I will be sure to do an entire picture review on it as well.
Scott  
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Poriggity Wrote:It sounds to me like the NUB is going to be a good consistent cigar, and I have no problem with that Smile

I agree, 100%. Not a dang thing wrong with consistancy.
As long as it's conststantly good (or great)