Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T&A
as in tonsilectomy and adnoidectomy,  lol  need dictionary here sorry...My 20 yr old daughter finally getting her tonsils/noids out after 10 cases of sinus/12 strep infections, in the last 30 months! What a relief getting the surgery scheduled is... 

and i thought it was tops and apples lol yeah tonsils wow that is a long time to keep em in.
godspeed for a speedy recovery v.
VEGASVIXEN06 Wrote:as in tonsilectomy and adnoidectomy,  lol  need dictionary here sorry...My 20 yr old daughter finally getting her tonsils/noids out after 10 cases of sinus/12 strep infections, in the last 30 months! What a relief getting the surgery scheduled is... 

My heart goes out to you.  Not on the T & A but on the events that led up to it.  My wife was hospitalized with Strep a year ago and then again 2 weeks ago for 3 days from borderline Tonsilitis.  3 days of Morphine was all good for her but not for Mr Mom.  Finally going to the ENT to talk about getting them out.

Good thoughts for your daughter's speedy recovery.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
thanks all, I appreciate the support and showed her the posts and she says thanks for being nice caring folks!! she is so excited to be rid of them she is counting the days.....cant really blame her either, such misery......
Give her ice chips, popcycles, and a big hug from all of us everyday during recovery to ease the discomfort.
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
Daughter is totally freaking now, first Dr told her 2 day recooperation, and  her best friend from birth came home from college and is getting hers out same day, same drs group, but different DR, and her best buddy DR said 7-10 days recoop on her age young lady!! I think I will need tranquilizers to get thru this, as HER DADDY claims she can stay with him and HE will take care of her!!! LMAO[ROTF] I know he means well in his heart, and maybe even wants to take care of her, but he is ,Trust me, the kind of man, that wants to be wanted, but never needed... He doesnt do needed....

Insert the Serenity verse here!!

Please keep a kind word in your prayers for her SPEEDY SPEEDY RECOVERY.....and my sanity thru this....

She'll do fine.  I'm sure she has withstood the pain of a sore throat before.  There will be some discomfort for a fews days but she'll get better and be glad when it is all done.  Maybe you can relax with a fine cigar when she is enjoying a drug enduced slumber. [smokin2]
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
VEGASVIXEN06 Wrote:as in tonsilectomy and adnoidectomy,  lol  need dictionary here sorry...My 20 yr old daughter finally getting her tonsils/noids out after 10 cases of sinus/12 strep infections, in the last 30 months! What a relief getting the surgery scheduled is... 

OH wow!  Poor kid.  Im sure she'll be happy to get this over with.
Smile
VEGASVIXEN06 Wrote:Daughter is totally freaking now, first Dr told her 2 day recooperation, and  her best friend from birth came home from college and is getting hers out same day, same drs group, but different DR, and her best buddy DR said 7-10 days recoop on her age young lady!! I think I will need tranquilizers to get thru this, as HER DADDY claims she can stay with him and HE will take care of her!!! LMAO[ROTF] I know he means well in his heart, and maybe even wants to take care of her, but he is ,Trust me, the kind of man, that wants to be wanted, but never needed... He doesnt do needed....

Insert the Serenity verse here!!

Please keep a kind word in your prayers for her SPEEDY SPEEDY RECOVERY.....and my sanity thru this....

This isn't Bob, this is Discdogette...his daughter.  I went through the same thing several years ago and it is definately not a two day recovery.  I did not have a great experience and I ended up spending a week in the hospital.  However, several of my friends have had the same surgery with no major problems.  She will definately be much better off after the procedure.  Wish I could have done it years ago.  My advice to you is to make her drink lots of fluids.  Stock up now on every flavor of Gatorade available.  And popsicles will be her best friend. 

Our prayers are with you and you're daughter.  Let us know when the surgery is so we can say a little prayer for her that morning... and you for that week!