Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survivor - segregation style
Apparently the next Survivor show will segregate the clans ethnically with a white clan, a black clan and another third ethnic clan (Asian or Hispanic)...

This seems to have caused quite the uproar and even GM pulled their advertising...

yet, the producers say this is the least racial show yet. Supporting their comments by saying: for the first time we will have blacks voting off blacks, whites voting off whites, no whites voting off blacks and visa-versa... Also of note, all finalists have always been white. This setup will ensure that 1 person from each clan makes it to the end round... therefore a black, a white and the third rep will all make it.

what do you think?
Yeah, a few weeks ago they inteview the host Jeff and he said in his opinion this is the best survior yet.  I will have to watch it first to really give my opinion on this issue.  I have heard some of the contests conplain about the whole racist issue with the show but we will see if this helps or hurts it.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
people throw up th racist flag at teh drop of a hat. there is absolutly nothgin racist about it
Beerlord Wrote:people throw up th racist flag at teh drop of a hat. there is absolutly nothgin racist about it
I agree, it's fair
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
That's an interesting concept. It could be the best study in human behavior "Survivor" yet. It will be really interesting to see what group has more members in the merge and if they use the power to their advantage.
I think it will be their best watched show yet.

People who like it will watch.

Racists will watch.

And people who think the idea sucks will watch (like listening to Howard Stern)...

You know, when I first heard about this a few weeks ago I thought, "What's the big fuggin' deal?"  People are so damned sensitive these days that they can't even allow for something daring and in your face to happen because it may bother somebody.  Boo freakin' hoo!  Last I checked I have about 100 other channels to choose from if I don't want to watch this reality show crap.  Turn the channel!  Don't cry racism.  How is this racist?  Is Survivor saying that one tribe/race should win?  Are they only gonna have watermelons for food for the Black tribe, Lutefisk for the White, and rice and beans for the Hispanic and Asian tribes?  NO!  So where's the freakin' racism?  All this is is a human experiment, plain and simple, and one that could be quite interesting I might add.  There is no racism, segregation, or whatever any more than what naturally happens in most living situations anyways.  Who's city doesn't have areas where a certain race is more highly concentrated?  You can feel the different vibe in these areas.  Last I checked we called it ethnic chic and many people (like me) go to these areas to eat and shop authentic. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this season's premise and I'd challenge any pampy-wampy, pansy-assed, overly sensitive fool who thinks so to tell me why!

Sorry guys, I guess I got a lil' fired up!  Rant off.
macallan2 Wrote:You know, when I first heard about this a few weeks ago I thought, "What's the big fuggin' deal?"  People are so damned sensitive these days that they can't even allow for something daring and in your face to happen because it may bother somebody.  Boo freakin' hoo!  Last I checked I have about 100 other channels to choose from if I don't want to watch this reality show crap.  Turn the channel!  Don't cry racism.  How is this racist?  Is Survivor saying that one tribe/race should win?  Are they only gonna have watermelons for food for the Black tribe, Lutefisk for the White, and rice and beans for the Hispanic and Asian tribes?  NO!  So where's the freakin' racism?  All this is is a human experiment, plain and simple, and one that could be quite interesting I might add.  There is no racism, segregation, or whatever any more than what naturally happens in most living situations anyways.  Who's city doesn't have areas where a certain race is more highly concentrated?  You can feel the different vibe in these areas.  Last I checked we called it ethnic chic and many people (like me) go to these areas to eat and shop authentic. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this season's premise and I'd challenge any pampy-wampy, pansy-assed, overly sensitive fool who thinks so to tell me why!

Sorry guys, I guess I got a lil' fired up!  Rant off.
Yeah, what Mac said
I have no problem...may the heartiest survive....real survival of the fitest, craftiest.

May the best team win...
I wonder if I am racist...

I like cubans better than nicaraguans. Big Grin