Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprising...
Gee, thanks Aracos, NOW you tell me, AFTER you take me there to buy cigars.  Now i have to fumigate my whole house.  I'll send ya the bill !!!!!![lol][lol][lol][lol]

I will admit that it's apparent that the store has gone down hill in a very short time.  i was in that store with Lonnie just 2 months ago, and we noticed nothing of this sort.  Things can change quickly, and I hope the owner does the right thing, if not, he deserves to be publicly called out on this.  I checked my stash after Lonnie told me of this, so far, so good.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Not good, not good al all.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
There is a store like this near me.  They have a bad mold problem near all the Fuente products.  It really bothers me, because their attitude is basically, "if you don't like it, then don't shop here."  They act like they are doing you a favor by charging you $2-$3 more than you can buy things online for.   I think places like that are going to have a hard time staying in business once the taxes start creeping up and people take more time deciding where they should spend their money.

Brad
TheFife Wrote:There is a store like this near me.  They have a bad mold problem near all the Fuente products.  It really bothers me, because their attitude is basically, "if you don't like it, then don't shop here."  They act like they are doing you a favor by charging you $2-$3 more than you can buy things online for.   I think places like that are going to have a hard time staying in business once the taxes start creeping up and people take more time deciding where they should spend their money."

Brad

I agree. With the S-CHIP tax looming, shop owners will need to provide both quality products AND service or see their shops goin down the drain in a hurry.

skeege  [rob]
yes, I noticed that on FB.  What a crock of $hit!  I am shocked[wow]
Wow, what a story!

If that were my shop, the employee would be having a serious employment discussion with me. That type of response/behavior needs serious modification. The correct response would be to immediately accompany you to inspect the exact condition of said cigars.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
very sad condition for the store. I was in a shop a few years ago, a long time reputable shop, and showed the owner that some of her top line cigars had mold on them. She told me I was mistaken and that it as plume, she knew this because she had been in business for 18 years.
I told her I had been smoking cigars,at that time, for 26 years and that I had started my working life in a cigar and tobacco shop, and that plume was not tall and fuzzy as these sticks were. She insisted that mold was only green and anything white on a cigar even if fuzzy was plume.

I have never went back.