Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprising...
Some of you may have seen me mention this on Facebook last week...

I went to Selective Cigars (a local B&M) last week, where I was picking some sticks up for a trip this past weekend. I had already picked up some good sticks and wanted some less $$ ones for the guys who don't usually smoke stogies but wanted to try one. I'm glad I've gotten into the habit of checking the sticks I p/u. I'm looking at this Cohiba knockoff and see a couple of pinholes in the wrapper. Looking into the box I pulled the stick out of, the rest of the box was eaten up with beetles... I've only seen that type of destruction in pictures online... These were right next to the Padron section. So when I go to pay for the sticks I did get, I tell the clerk "You know you have beetles in the humidor", I was shocked by his response, which was "Of course we do", and just blew it off... Now I didn't even mention the green mold that I had seen on a couple of sticks... It's amazing because this is a favorite place of many locals just for the selection they have. But with that type of attitude, I don't know if I'll be buying anything from there again. If I do, it'll stay in a plastic bag away from my other sticks...
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
I think that this attitude is unacceptable in  retailer.   My thought is to warn other's in the area.   You are not causing trouble,  you are saving those with vast collections from potential harm. 
US_Tank Wrote:I think that this attitude is unacceptable in  retailer.   My thought is to warn other's in the area.   You are not causing trouble,  you are saving those with vast collections from potential harm. 
Agree!!!!!!! I would have never bought a cigar at that point knowing that heavy of an infestation. Plastic bags don't keep them from the rest of your cigars. They ate thru the wrapper didn't they?  Run, run and tell all you know about the shop that doesn't care if you take beetles home.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

US_Tank Wrote:I think that this attitude is unacceptable in  retailer.   My thought is to warn other's in the area.   You are not causing trouble,  you are saving those with vast collections from potential harm. 

..........and considerable financial loss.

Granted the beetle infested cigars were Cohiba knockoffs,   but I would see if any other cigars are infested.   Then I would notify the manufacturer about this issue.   Also notify Padron and let them know that the infested cigars are right next to theirs.   The Padrons will most certainly apply pressure to get this resolved.
US_Tank Wrote: Granted the beetle infested cigars were Cohiba knockoffs,   but I would see if any other cigars are infested.   Then I would notify the manufacturer about this issue.   Also notify Padron and let them know that the infested cigars are right next to theirs.   The Padrons will most certainly apply pressure to get this resolved.

I would definitely notify any vendors of this! I don't think they would like to see somewhere, on-line:

"Yeah, I bought these [Insert brand name here] cigars & they were full of beetles!"

I wouldn't have even purchased any of the first cigars that you had already picked out. And with an attitude like that, I don't think they deserve to be in business!. just MHO.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Actually one of that stores regular customers was in my home B&M and I informed him of it. I'm sure he's going to raise hell with the owner if he walks in and finds them still there... I have informed the guys I know who go over there on occasion. As to the beetles eating through plastic. Nope, while they can eat through cello, it's made of vegetable matter. Plastic is another thing all together...

Oh, and everything I purchased from them (and was from the far side of humidor) was burned within a day or so...
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
Man and I thought it was bad that my local was owned by a crackhead.......
That's Bull$hit
ashman Wrote:That's Bull$hit
most def thats some bull$hit right there!!!!
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!