Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
StogieChat UPGRADE
Wink 
Happy Holidays Everyone!

I wanted to give all you guys and gals a big thank you for being part of this great community of cigar smokers! It's because of you that StogieChat keeps growing larger every year!

To celebrate yet another great year, I've put in for three new upgrades to the forum which should make things lightning fast!

* Stogiechat will have its own dedicated IP address on the net.
* Stogiechat bandwidth and space was increased with new hosting.
* Stogiechat images and content will be cached by a CDN which should greatly increase speed for everyone.

All of these changes should take place in about 24-48 hours. Backups have been made and we are ready to proceed with the holiday cheer! There might be a few moments of downtime, but not much.

Thank you all again for making StogieChat the best cigar forum on the net! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and all that good stuff to you and your families!

-Eric
You are the best Eric! Thanks for all you do here!

Happy Holidays!
Thanks Erik for all the time and effert you put into this place. Met a bunch of great people here.
No Justice, No Peace!
Awesome Community, Great Job!!!
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
Thanks for everything you do Eric
--Mike
Bad news... no CDN. After 15 minutes of it running I found out that its caching ALL content which includes text, scripts, and images. So it was screwing up the sign-in routine, posts and everything else. I should be able to setup some better caching on the server side so not all is lost.

Anyone having problems with sign-in should be able to just erase their browser cache, or reload the page holding down the shift key when you click reload.

That normally takes care of it. Sorry. Sad
Well, 4:40am.... I think its all back to working normal with a bit more speed. Time for bed! Tongue
damn, 6:13am now. Another one of my sites was screwed up due to also adding the CDN to it. Ugh. Thank God for coffee.... NOW maybe I can get some sleep. (I'm starting to not like the internet) ha ha ha
I logged in last night and I was Tonto. Weird. Haha
(12-06-2013, 07:15 AM)NickDrista Wrote: I logged in last night and I was Tonto. Weird. Haha

That was just a dream
--Mike