Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stogie Fresh Video: Making Cigars
sergione Wrote:
Dr. Stogie Fresh Wrote:
sergione Wrote:Just like you said Doc, the pound of filler leaf is 4-5 bux a lbs. I know wrappper is expensive but, if you bought a variety of filler and say got some one else to pitch in on the wrapper, you could get some good practice. There is a cigar store here in LA called Leons Cigar and its only their blends and they roll right there in the store, every day, and I know we can get filler there..

What im saying is I think we have an activity for the next Central Coast HerfBig Grin
Now THAT would be cool. Cool How much do they charge for wrapper?

Doc

Around what you said in the video, $40. Quality, its okay, but im sure we would all feel bad if we were playing with say cameroon wrappers. We should start low, maybe Bolivian Tobacco...lol.

I will look into this week and get back to you, filler no problm though.

I've got plenty of gopher shit we can use as filler... I mean for practice and all. Then we can work up to the real thing. You practice up, and I'll buy the wrapper for the next Stogie Fresh herf.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
I loved the Docs Rant on Gophers, couldnt stop laughing. I will get the filler. Cant wait for the herf, Riofan/Marcelo also is up for the trip......Jesse and I can make it up any weekend, just say the word and we are there.....after I get some new tires though. So after tomorrowBig Grin
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
WOW that was great Doc!!! thank you so much.[rob]
hey doc! i've heard a few episodes of your podcast, and it is fantastic! only trouble is, i don't get enough time to myself to sit down and listen to it online. is there a way i can download it to my mp3 player and listen to it to and from work, or whenever i am doing all the other things that take up all my time, like i do all my other podcasts?

mp3 player = lifesaver
Flyerman Wrote:hey doc! i've heard a few episodes of your podcast, and it is fantastic! only trouble is, i don't get enough time to myself to sit down and listen to it online. is there a way i can download it to my mp3 player and listen to it to and from work, or whenever i am doing all the other things that take up all my time, like i do all my other podcasts?

mp3 player = lifesaver
Absolutely! You can use any podcatcher including iTunes, Juice, or whatever. Just do a search on Stogie Fresh 5 and you should see it. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Because of the limitations of my software and because of bandwidth considerations, you can only get the most recent 50 episodes online, but you can purchase the first 100 episodes on a DVD-ROM through my website.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
sorry, doc. still won't work. same thing happened as before - i try to save the target to a file, like i do with any other mp3, but it only will save the HTML document. how can i save it as an mp3 file to transfer to my player?
Doc,

I LOVE the video!  I recorded a guy rolling some cigars for me when I was in Costa Rica, but my camera is crappy.  The video was all choppy - it was just a digicam.  Great video!
Flyerman Wrote:sorry, doc. still won't work. same thing happened as before - i try to save the target to a file, like i do with any other mp3, but it only will save the HTML document. how can i save it as an mp3 file to transfer to my player?

The only way to download his files directly is if you have Quicktime Pro. It will let you save source as it is playing. I just downloaded Juice and have it catch them.

http://juicereceiver.sourceforge.net/