Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Stogie Chat------DA BEAR
(10-24-2013, 12:41 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 03:22 PM)jam Wrote: Bear went for a ride with me to a new member and i am sure he will be very happy bear is at the
Lounge on guard working till tuesday when he is off work

Let's get this bear back and moving.

No kidding....
So whatever happened to Da Bear & his son?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Last I heard Tank went all gerbil with it like Richard Gere.
It's time to revive this thread, as the bear is back on the move!  
I arrived home today to see a package on my door step that looked like it had traveled many, many miles.  I was immediately wary, and once I saw the label, I knew the Kilted Crusader had struck.
Many thanks Dave!  An absolutely crazy selection of cigars, some Scottish gin that I can't wait to sample, a great looking hat that has been autographed by The First Lady of Cigars!  
And let's not forget the star of this thread Mr. Da Bear.  This dashing young fellow is going to hang out here for a bit, so I can take him on a couple adventures and then he will be on his way to another SC home.

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
I’m really glad Da Bear has landed safely, and you are a very worthy recipient, selected after consulting with The Mum with regards who I deemed should be next for his travels.

Firstly ... the cigars ... all are well aged, a couple over a decade and I’m hoping are all something you will take some pleasure out of relaxing with and enjoying when you have some time to. I spent a bit of time trying to ensure it was a selection you would enjoy and not just a random grab.

The gin ... the four seasons selection are well named as each represents a different profile in line with the season they represent. A plain tonic is all that is required, some ice ... and here is the kicker ... it’s not just a slice of lemon as would be expected normally to accompany, lemon in the winter, lime in spring, orange in summer and frozen berries match the autumn edition.

The cap ... I was gifted this at the big smoke in NY about 10 yrs ago and Cynthia was quite taken with The Scotsman introduced to her in his kilt and a Nub T shirt by the Mum ... Mario was off buying ice cream in bulk somewhere ... it’s been all over Scotland in my bag, been hung up in my man cave at 4 different homes, so it has a lot of history, it’s own tale to tell and although it has never been worn (tags still on as you can see) ... I felt it was time to let someone else enjoy it. It’s certainly a one of a kind.

Treat Da Bear well ... he has a lot of SC dna from his previous travels and if he could talk, I reckon he would have some tales to tell.

Pick your recipient well and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Very soon the hat will be on display. I'm excited to try the cigars after a bit of rest and that gin looks really tasty.

I read through the entire bear thread and I think this is a great idea. Soon he'll be on his way to a new home.

Thanks again Dave. I'm truly honored.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Niiiiiiiiice!!!!!
This is my boomstick!
Awesome!!!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Nice hit for sure. keep Da Bear for a while Ben, let Steve enjoy him on his adventures with you.

I would love to see De Bear eating some of your smoker dishes etc. 

That hat is special, wear it in good health. I remember that night like it was yesterday.

Dave & I working our azzes off, sweating while Mario is brokering deals for Gelato and Tequila..

Gotta love it...
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Heading North for a fishing adventure.[Image: 631940ab7cb062ff00a9251b65428e49.jpg]