Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sticks for savvy shopper?
For sake of conversation...

1.)  In your opinion, what is the most modestly priced cigar you'd consider to be enjoyable?

2.)  In your opinion, what would you consider to be the best value cigar (regardless of price tag - Ex: If it's a $20 stick that you feel smokes like a $50 stick, that's fine)? 

No right/wrong answers, obviously... just trying to generate some discussion (and perhaps a few promsing leads for us newbies Big Grin).

-Pete
This one's tough!  I do have and have always had a place in my humi for Consuegra #9 maduros.  They're about as cheap as they get.  I think they run about 75 cents a piece.  I find them to be a perfect smoke to offer the occasional cigar smoker (read moochWink) or for when I'm up north at the cabin around a fire at night and I really wouldn't know the difference but want a cigar.Tongue  They do require some aging (I prefer a year plus) but at the price they're at you can spend $100 and always have a couple bundles in deep storage getting that extra time. 

Best value would have to be the Oliva serie G's for me.  I love that little belicoso and I've gotten them for under $3/stick.  The Camacho Negro goes on special from time to time for about $2/stick and that is a cigar I really enjoy.  My 1+ year box I'm going through right now is so damned tasty I'll be sad to see it gone in a few sticks here.
Answer 1.  Punch Rothschild Oscuro - 50 cigars for $105 ish

Connie #9's are not bad for the price, I think they are actually a second/nock off of the Punch Rothschild

Answer 2 . CAO Brazilia GOL - 20 cigars about $80
I love the padron 2000's at just a few bucks a stick, they never fail to impress
Cigars with great value that I love:

Tatuaje havana angels

DPG blk

Tatuaje noellas(when you catch them on sale)

Padron 3000 (Don't smoke any padron anymore, but when I did this was the one)

Sancho Panzo Double Maduro...between $35 - $50 per box, depending upon size.

If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:[color="#0066cc"][color="black"]Sancho Panzo Double Maduro...between $35 - $50 per box, depending upon size.[/color][/color]

[color="#0066cc"][/color] 
DEFINITELY AGREE!
[user=84]macallan2[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:[color="#0066cc"][color="black"]Sancho Panzo Double Maduro...between $35 - $50 per box, depending upon size.[/color][/color]

[color="#0066cc"][/color] 
DEFINITELY AGREE!

Yep. Those are a damn fine "cheap smoke." Flor de Oliva used to have a "Habano 2000" line for about $2 a stick that was also very enjoyable. I know Skipper likes the Cubita SMS, which can be had in about that price range as well . . . I don't care for the toro, but the perfecto's not bad.

But really, bump up to the $4-5 range, still very economical, and you've got things like the JFR, some Olivas, several Carlos Toranos, a few Punch . . . lots of terrific smokes in that range still.

At the high end . . . well, at almost $30 a stick the Padron 80th is the most expensive thing I've ever smoked, and certainly one of the best. But I'd put the Opus X Super Belicosa right up there with it, at about half the price.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
I triple agree on the Sancho Panzas, I have said it many times before but those are great cigars for a greeaaaat price

Reminds me I need to get more, the box I was given now only has 5, Confusedhock:, damn they are good
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Rocky Patel sungrown selects from Famous.

5 Vegas Miami, when on sale.

ERH nats.