Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of the Union
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:a lot of what GWB spent was on the military. This is great for a host of reasons.

1. It keeps up employment. With all of the troops deplyed these boys and girls are employed
  2. it keeps lots of business in business. all these fancy high-tech military devices are expensive, but, remember how regan bailed out Chrystler? They built him tanks!
  3. it keeps the US powerful and safe
Trickle-down at it's finest
Never thought of it that way!  Thanks Skip!
US_Tank Wrote:
Poriggity Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:
Poriggity Wrote:I didn't listen to it all, and quite frankly, I wish I hadn't listened to any of it.  They all lie anyway.  The economy blows.. always has, always will.
Scott

Let's see.....In 300 years we have become the richest country in the world.  Economically we are the envy of the world.  Sure, we are not perfect but we are on top!

What blows about that?  Sad
I guess I should say, the job market economy SUCKS.  I have applied to many jobs that I am actually OVERQUALIFIED for, only to be told people aren't hiring, and apparently they were not hiring during the christmas season either.  We are the richest country in the world, and thats great, but like it was said, our dollar aint worth much anymore.. heck, a little bit longer, and canada's dollar will be worth more.  That being said, I was just in a funk last night, and listening to part of that speech just kinda pissed me off.
Scott

Not trying to bust your chops here.  But I read yesterday from you that you were going to collect unemployment until it runs out.  Then you were going to find an entry level IT job.  But today you say you are overqualified and the job market sucks?

My gosh IT jobs are in abundance, especially the entry levels.  And corporations are paying top dollar for middle and advanced IT postitions.  Unless you are an IT wiz I am sure you can find jobs that you are grossly underqualified for.  IT growth is staggering!  Skipper has an opening in his company!  And he pays handsome bonuses.

Not that you would want to move to ND but you could get an IT job here in a heartbeat and live like a king with the lower cost of living!  You would just have to deal cold and me as your friend!  Wink

I totally see where you are coming from.  That being said.. I am not yet qualified for most entry level IT jobs, and therefore have not applied to them.  Most, if not ALL of them want you to have your A+ certification, and I have not taken that test yet.  There are a lot of other jobs however, shipping, recieving, phone support, and the like that I can't seem to land jobs in, even though I am more than qualified for, IMHO.  That being said.  I have resorted to collecting unemployment until it runs out, because at this point, I'd rather just focus on getting my A+ certification, and making my next job something I enjoy, rather than something I do to pay the bills.  And you can bet that I'd be out of CA in a heartbeat if my wife would come with me Big Grin
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com