Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars Episode VII Real Talk >>SPOILER ALERT!!!<<
Tonto
(01-01-2016, 11:14 AM)Guarantee Wrote: Loved this movie the most of all of them.  There was a theory going around saying that Lucas intended for Jar Jar to be the most powerful Sith Lord and was wondering if they were going to go there.  They say that Lucas scrapped the idea because people hated Jar Jar so much.  But I went back and watched the Phantom Menace again thinking that Jar Jar was a Sith and it is incredible that you miss so much of what he could do because he was a bumbling idiot.  Would have blown people's minds but was too risky.  Here is an article explaining the theory.
https://www.reddit.com/comments/3qvj6w

Yeah, I read that a few months ago too...I think I might have posted it sometime in November.

I agree, you do miss it all, even though it's all right there, plain to see, because of him acting like a bumbling idiot.

Now my question...if Jar Jar was indeed a Sith...and Sith are always in pairs....who was the other?  and was he the master or the apprentice?

I'm going to have to watch them again to look for it.

He was supposed to be the master and Palpatine the apprentice from what I read.
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
(02-18-2016, 05:40 PM)Guarantee Wrote: He was supposed to be the master and Palpatine the apprentice from what I read.

But then what about Vader?  Who is his master, if not Palpatine or Jar-Jar?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(02-18-2016, 06:58 PM)Tonto Wrote:
(02-18-2016, 05:40 PM)Guarantee Wrote: He was supposed to be the master and Palpatine the apprentice from what I read.

But then what about Vader?  Who is his master, if not Palpatine or Jar-Jar?

Good point
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
My wife saw it today for the 1st time...my youngest daughter too....my boys saw it for their 2nd time...so...

so...a new question.

At the beginning, who was the old guy who gave Poe the map segment to find Luke?
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I liked this movie but look forward to the next ones. Is there actual doubt that isn't Luke's daughter? I thought it was implied.
(02-21-2016, 03:31 PM)NickDrista Wrote: I liked this movie but look forward to the next ones. Is there actual doubt that isn't Luke's daughter? I thought it was implied.

I think it's too obvious that she's Luke's daughter.  But she knows him & he her.  Maybe she was recruited at a young age to be trained by LUke...but then when Kylo went bad, he hid her on that planet & he went into hiding?

Take a look at post #26.  I quoted someone who thinks she's actually Obi Wan Kenobi's granddaughter.

My wife saw it for the 1st time the other day & had her own idea....

That she is a product of both the Skywalker AND the Kenobi families. 

I'm not sure how...but Obi Wan Kenobi did have a love interest at one point..