Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Son's & Dad PC Builds....updated 6/21/14
Nice pics!
--Mike
(01-03-2011, 03:08 PM)Tonto Wrote:
(01-02-2011, 10:59 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: wow Jan, that looks complicated.

Not really...pretty straight forward at this point...that may change later when we have to connect all the wires. The most difficult thing so far was securing the CPU heatsink/fan to the board.

Do you have a desktop PC that you can open it up and look at those connections?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Holy cow Jan, that is an awesome father/son project. It looks Great!!!
(01-03-2011, 03:06 PM)Tonto Wrote: Thanks Skip! After I read the warning earlier, I noticd it at work when out in the shop I got zapped by a coworker. There might not be any activity tonight on the project. Homework comes first & then at 8PM, he has his first PAL Basketball game of the year.

That wire wrap stuff looks good. I'm more worried right now of plugging all the connectors into the correct spots.
Just read the Motherboard manual Smile
(01-03-2011, 05:43 PM)Teck1337 Wrote:
(01-03-2011, 03:06 PM)Tonto Wrote: Thanks Skip! After I read the warning earlier, I noticd it at work when out in the shop I got zapped by a coworker. There might not be any activity tonight on the project. Homework comes first & then at 8PM, he has his first PAL Basketball game of the year.

That wire wrap stuff looks good. I'm more worried right now of plugging all the connectors into the correct spots.

But it's in 20 different languages! Big Grin
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(01-03-2011, 05:45 PM)Tonto Wrote:
(01-03-2011, 05:43 PM)Teck1337 Wrote:

But it's in 20 different languages! Big Grin
lol... I've actually seen some where they dont have English, but they have 3 variant's of Chinese and Spanish.
(01-03-2011, 05:16 PM)ross3x Wrote: Holy cow Jan, that is an awesome father/son project. It looks Great!!!

+1 for sure!! Great stuff!
This is my boomstick!
We're planning to do some more tonight, but I'm using Skip's warning about the low humidity....I'm going to run a humidifier for a few hours before we even touch anything.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I remember the old days when you worked on a pad with a thing attached to your wrist. I guess it was smart to solve that problem. Can't wait to see some more Jan.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

That looks like an uber sexy set up! Please do let us know the cost. Id love to build my own some day!
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic