Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something new-bought a couple of rums for tonights Cigar choice! NE other rum drinkers on here?
I bought a couple of darker rums/ sipping rums according to the store owner to go with my cigars this week. I am all scotched out right now and needed something different.

I dont even have the names as they are in the shop but they are in the mid 30$ range, which is in the 15 year old Rum category and that wont buy squat in the scotch world.

I was wondering who else is into the rums? and what are some good ones. I dont even know if I WILL LIKE THEM, BUT THOUGHT i WOULD STRIKE UP THE CONVERSATION!

Dave/RUMBLON, Thats the future name of my 38 PLYMOUTH

I just realized that this site needs a scotch drinking smiley!~[doh]
I highly recommend, as a single malt drinker, the Montecristo 12 year rum.  It's my favorite sipping rum.  On the rock or neat, it's good both ways.  Worth getting IMO

http://montecristorum.com/site.php
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Well I went out and used my new little old school humidore table and had two small glasses of the ZAYA 12 year, not 15 year. sorry. It was very good but kind of sweet for me, but a great change. Its the same stuff that jeht2000 posted about, so I was a little late to the dance. The other is a 15 year ElDorado special reserve.[beer] I am heading back out to have a glass of that, sit in the easy chair(this is in my hotrod shop) and listen to some jazz.

I tend to like the smoky/woodsy flavor of scoth, but like I said, I needed a change and my usual change was Blue saphire Bombay martinis, which as of late has been giving me headaches. So I needed a change and the other change would have been sipping Tequilla, but I DONT DO that stuff as I used to wake up in a different city than I started in-back in the day![wow]

Dave

Love rum myself.   Ron Zacapa is my favorite.   Pyrat is also very good.
Rum is great with a variety of cigars, but my favorite past time, watching my little girls play soccer in the back yard while enjoying a Serie V (any size will do) and a large helping of Ron Zacapa Centenario.  I've had Pyrat, Zaya, and others (haven't had the Monte Rum though I'm looking for it)  The Ron Zacapa is by far my favorite.  very smooth, not to sweet, with a great rum flavor.  Perfect neat, or with an icecube.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
I would certainly look into some Pyrat rum as well.